𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 (𝟏)

this is requested by tommo_mills!! and this one does include y/n :)

-----

y/n's pov

"well why were you there in the first place!" mason screamed at me, clearly showing how he was feeling.

"i was there because my friends wanted me to be there for them! i didn't want anything to happen to them, as being a woman is definitely 100% safe and fun, especially when you're around drunk men, and i was going there to make sure nothing happened to them. i'm sorry for trying to be a good friend!"

"but when you don't tell me where you were and your friends didn't said anything to me, i was scared, y/n. i thought i lost you! and i don't know how i would carry on with you gone!"

"i'm sorry for not telling where i was, mase. i should have told you."

"yeah, you fucking should have."

"can we just brush this past now? i'm fine, my friends are fine and i'm not dead."

"no! because, when your friends do post pictures of you with them, you were with a guy."

"mason! he's bi!"

"so what if he's bi, he still likes girls, does he not? and his arm was wrapped around you."

"nothing happened, mason. come on, i know i was in the wrong, and you're being a bit petty about it now."

"you're not getting the point, y/n. that's it. i'm gone."

"what?"

"you heard me the first time." he turned around, giving me a glare with coldness. "i'm off to declan's. i might return. at least i've told you where i'm going."

he put on his coat and some trainers, then slammed the door as i flinched at the sound of the door nearly coming off of it's hinges.

i slowly sunk to the floor, tears streaming down my face as i managed to choke out a sob. i knew that he probably wouldn't return, as he holds grudges and takes nearly everything personally.

this was likely to be the end of us.

a few weeks later

my phone started ringing as i got onto the third tub of ice cream of the day. typical, i know, but it's a coping mechanism. and it kinda works.

i saw the caller id, it was declan.

i answered, with lots of caution.

"h-hello?"

"hey, y/n."

it was mason, ringing from deccers' phone.

"oh, hi mase."

"can i come back home to meet with you?"

"er, yeah, sure. when do you want to come over?"

"three?"

i looked at the time, seeing that it was half one. he usually knows that when i'm down i need lots of time to recover from a period where i'm not myself.

"yeah, that works."

"okay, see you soon baby."

he hung up the call, leaving me in a bit of a mess. he said 'baby' in a way that is so rare and precious. his voice seemed a little husky, but it was louder than a whisper yet quieter than speaking normally.

i got out of my reasonable haze and got myself sorted. by that i mean i brushed my hair and changed clothes, then tidied the house a little to make it seem a bit better than its' original state.

it soon came three o'clock, and mason showed up at the door, letting himself in.

"hey, y/n." he offered his arms out for a hug. i gladly accepted, happy to be back with him.

i melted at his touch and he melted at mine. he sat down at the sofa, keeping me in his arms.

"i've missed this," he said, moving some of the hair out of my face.

"i've missed this too. more than anything."

"i'm so sorry, baby," his voice cracked a little, seeming like he was going to cry. "i've put you through enough, and i'm really sorry. i love you,"

"i love you more, mase," i kissed him sweetly, trying to get him to calm down a little. we then pulled away, smiling.

i put my head on his shoulder, allowing him to be closer to me. he then picked me up, taking us to our shared room. mason placed me on the bed, letting me get under the covers before he joined. this was after he got himself and me some more comfy clothing, so we could easily relax. he handed me one of his favourite hoodies, which was also one of my favourites.

for the rest of the night we cuddled, talking about random nothings, until i fell asleep.

"night, princess," mason kissed my forehead, moving me so i was laying flat on his body. "sweet dreams."

-----

hope this is okay!!

stay safe and i love you all, c <3