𝐤𝐚𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐳 (𝟓)

"you inspire me every single day."

-----

y/n's pov

it was game day for chelsea, against man city, in the champions league final. nerves high for both teams, with this being man city's first ever champions league final.

after kick-off, it was incredibly nail-biting stuff. completely end to end, this could be anyone's game.

it gets to about the 42nd minute, and there's some good build up by chelsea, aiming to score. mount played a ball forward to havertz, who went around the goalkeeper and slotted it into an empty net! minutes before half time, my boy kai havertz scored his first ever champions league goal when it was needed most.

the game saw itself out, with many chances for both teams, and chelsea win the champions league 1-0 against manchester city, with kai scoring the winning and only goal.

after lifting the trophy and some interviews (which kai probably wouldn't want mentioning again), i was allowed to go onto the pitch and get pictures with him.

"kai!" i called, running over to him and jumping into his arms.

"you inspire me every single day," he begun. "because of you helping me this season we won the trophy!"

he let me go and kissed me on the pitch, getting the attention of the chelsea players and fans.

we got a picture with the trophy after reece james and his sister, lauren james, took their photos. we made sure that the ones we took would last forever.

i soon posted about it on my story and as a post, and he did the same.

we got back to the hotel room in the early hours of the next morning, after a lot of celebration with the rest of the squad.

"y/n?"

"yes, kai?"

"i love you so much, thank you for everything. it means a lot to me. thank you for coming out here and supporting me, you didn't have to."

"i love you too. and babe, i wanted to. it's not everyday that your boyfriend is in the champions league final, is it?"

"true. but thank you, still. you being here, well, you mean the world to me. and you being here does also mean the world to me too."

we soon got into bed and slept, holding onto each other and ending the perfect night with a sweet moment.

-----

hope this is okay!

sending my love and stay safe, c <3