𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐭𝐭 𝐦𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐲 (𝟓)

"you look so beautiful."

-----

y/n's pov

today was one of them days where my insecurities were at an all time high. cliche, i know, but it is what it is. there was nothing i could do to control it; it just happened.

"hey, princess," scott said when he walked through the door.

finally, a relief.

"hey, tommy. you okay?" i asked, willing to take my mind off of things.

"yeah, i'm alright. a bit tired, though. how are you?"

"okay-ish?"

"why, what's happened, baby?" he said, coming over to me, showing concern that my day wasn't more than 'okay'.

"it's hard to explain..."

"that's fine, take your time. i've got all night, y/n. you can tell me, you know."

"i know. it's just that i don't feel my greatest."

"in what way? are you feeling ill? do you have a temperature?" the back of his hand found my forehead, checking to see if i had a fever.

i chuckled at his actions. "scotty, calm down, you're jumping to conclusions," i grabbed his hand and pulled it down, towards my lap. i gripped it in my touch. "i'm not physically unwell."

"thank god for that. but, still, what happened?"

"in the simplest way possible, i don't feel pretty."

"no."

what does this boy mean? does he, suddenly, have the capabilities to know how i'm feeling?

"what do you mean, no?"

"no. you're always pretty. if anything, you're more than pretty. you're gorgeous."

"but i don't feel that way. that's the thing."

"if you don't mind me asking, why?" he took his fingers and a piece of my hair and moved it behind my ear, to prevent it from falling over my face.

"i just..." i sighed, needing time to construct my answer. "i see all of these girls everywhere i look, and all of them are better looking than me. it just drags me down, further and further, deeper and deeper whenever i see them, and today is one of the outcomes of it. my mood, that is. it makes me point out every inch of something bad. like, i see all these imperfections on me. whether it's my hair, my face, my body, anything. it just sort of... happens, i guess."

we both stayed quiet whilst he thought of his response.

"but i don't get it, baby." he stated, "you look so beautiful."

scott pulled me into his chest, holding me. pressing kisses to the top of my head, he let me stay there.

"this," he kissed my forehead. "is perfect."

"this," scott kissed my nose. "is perfect."

he continued doing this to the rest of my face, and also a bit of my upper body, without being too sexual.

it boosted my confidence: whenever scott believes in me, it automatically makes me forget any previous insecurities.

after us two getting up and making some dinner/tea, we sat back down for some downtime.

"thank you for helping me, tommy. i feel better about myself now. i love you,"

"i love you too, princess. no one, and i mean no one, will ever take me away from you, or take you away from me. i'm gonna marry you one day, you wait and see."

-----

hope this is okay!

sending my love and stay safe, c <3