Sparking/Surge Shu Kurenai x Mermaid Reader

Start from the beginning

Shu's cheeks were dusted in red as he asked back, "B-but you need to be in water, right? And besides your tail is um...it's um....wet so uh...are you sure?"

"Yup! Trust me just give it a try." She exclaimed.

Shu gulped but hesitantly picked her up bridal style. He was surprised that her tail felt dry.

"I thought mermaids need to keep themselves in water or else they'll get dehydrated?" He asked her.

"Well not always. We can stay out of the water in this form for a good while too." (Y/N) replied as Shu set her down on the bed.

"So tell me the whole thing." Shu said as he took a seat in front of her.

"Okay. So, in my family, my parents think that humans are nothing but pure evil. It is because once my mom barely escaped from a fishnet set in ocean, because dad came to save her on time. Since then, everyone in the kingdom is terrified of humans and never leaves the kingdom's parameters."

"But I was different. I always dreamt of at least once getting the chance to come up to the surface and see the world of humans. So, one day I asked my fish friends to help me escape. They were reluctant but still agreed. And then, I sneaked out of the kingdom and swam all the way up. I was barely out on the sand, but two humans spotted me. They wanted to capture me but I managed to escape. And then I met you..."

Shu was listening very attentively to the princess' words. Then he asked,

"So, you want to go back home, right? I'll help you." He smiled warmly but it faded away as the girl shook her head.

"No, I don't just need to go back home but I'll also need to find a mate. I have to prove to my parents that humans are not evil. If I don't, my father will drown the entire planet out of anger."

"What?!" Shu widened his eyes with a look of both shock and horror in his eyes.

"I am not joking." The mermaid princess frowned.

"My dad is really overprotective of me and if he finds out that some humans tried to catch me. He's gonna burn down the city."

"Okay, so what do we do? How do we find you a mate?" Shu asked internally panicking.

"Hmm...how about you be my mate?" (Y/N) asked tilting her head innocently.

"Who? Me?" Shu asked pointing at himself surprised.

"Yes, you."

"Uhm...I don't know..."

"Why not?"

"I don't know anything about human girls at all. And here you are a mermaid princess. How are you making it sound so casual?"

"Because I kinda like you." She smiled.

"What? You like me?" Shu asked as he thought, 'Today sure is a day full of surprises for me...'

"Yeah. You saved me. If you wanted to, you could've easily given me away to those wicked humans, but you didn't. I'm grateful to you for that." She smiled.

"But...still...." Shu's voice trailed off.

"You really overthink too much." The princess pouted, making him giggle.

"Okay, okay....but do I have to do anything specific for that?" He asked.

"No, you don't have to. The princess has too." She said smirking, confusing Shu.

Then suddenly, without warning, she pushed Shu's back on the bed and kissed him. The crimson blader was left in surprise and shock. (Y/N) pulled away looking at his now red face, as she transformed back into her human form and got off of him.