Epilogue: Two Months Later

Drift's P.O.V.
(Y/N) did a little better in January, but now that it's February, she's struggling as she did in November and December. I am happy she doesn't know when Jamie's birthday is or a few other dates. She'd be a wreck every other month. Though even what we'd consider breaks is still rough. The only difference is no nightmares — or more likely dreams that punish her. Like this month, I think she's dreaming about what Jamie and I would have been doing on Valentine's day. Perhaps I can stop the nightmares this time.
Crosshairs helps me explain to (Y/N) how Jamie wasn't really into Valentine's day.  It would be a typical day aside from buying her favorite candy and flowers.
"We'd probably be playing video games. Come, it's better than staying in your room."

(Y/N) leans on me as we watch Bee and Crosshairs play a racing game.  She shyly asked, adding how she's not doing this because she romantically likes me. I know this is also a way to seek comfort.   She knows Prime will take her out on a date later.  

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.
I don't feel much better knowing Jamie didn't care about Valentine's day. I can tell Drift would have loved to do more with her, and maybe this year would have been the year he plans surprises knowing Jamie would have loved them. I don't know what I'm going to do. I can't take the guilt, but I see how Prime will feel if I end my life while with Crosshairs and Drift.  I still feel both guilt and a little better being with them — most of the time.

I enjoy watching Bumblebee and Crosshairs play the racing game for an hour until Prime comes to get me for our date. I don't mind we go to the field to watch the sunset rather than to a nice dinner.

"I did manage to get your favorite flowers," he smiles, showing me the bouquet as we walk to this alt mode.
"I love them," I chirp, taking the flowers.

I don't bother asking why we can't go to the diner. It's been five months since any of us went there, but I understand if Optimus doesn't want to revisit public locations until we're no longer targets.  Watching the sunset is just as enjoyable.
"Do you feel better being with Crosshairs and Drift?" Optimus asks.
"I...um...I don't know. I feel better, but the guilt doesn't go away."
"I believe they are helping you. It'll take time. I know everyone is still struggling, knowing Jamie is gone."
"I don't get how being with me helps them? I'm like her."
"It's hard to explain, but even Ratchet believes the three of you spending time together is helping all three of you. "
I wish they could be helping with Jamie and me. I was so stupid. I don't believe Crosshairs and Drift will get over her death. Like I told Optimus and Ratchet, even though Drift loved Jamie romantically, those two were like her adoptive parents even if they met her when she was eighteen.  I know they're not looking for a human to take her place, but maybe they think they need to take care of me as a way to honor Jamie. Though someone else who's struggling mentally would be better than her killer, but they're limited. I don't know, but Optimus thinks this is a good arrangement.
A better one would have been Crosshairs and Drift taking care of both Jamie and me.
I'm sorry, Jamie; I was so stupid. I'd do anything to get you back.

Hope you enjoyed the story. Thanks to RuddyPascall456  for the idea.