The Watching

Devin pov

For the first week i was staying close to Trevor's side, helping him get back into the swing of things. The second week after his waking, he could handle small tasks which he was grateful to do, but I've noticed something off about him. He keeps jumping at nothing, and his hand keeps slipping into one of his pant pockets as if to grab something. He pales and tenses up for no reason, at the most random times, and it's worrying but I don't pry as it's not our business.

Currently the guild is all practicing their magic, Trevor is nearby watching, as he hasn't been cleared to use his magic despite it being about a month since he woke up. Brandon sends a lightning bolt at Mario who dives to the side. My eyes widen in horror seeing that it's headed straight for Trevor "TREVOR!" I shout in warning, his eyes widen in fright. Suddenly a shadowy figure stands in front of Trevor and takes the brunt of the magic. Trevor tenses up hard and we all freeze, the shadow flips off Brandon before vanishing, David cackles at the gesture, but I just stare at Trevor, he's still frozen, tense, I walk over "Trevor?" I ask softly and he jumps, "y-yes?" I frown, "what was that?" he winces, and hugs himself. 

"I- that was..." he stumbles over his words a bit, i wait. He sighs and seems to steel himself, before speaking again "that was my...... Reflection Shadow, as i've been calling it, it started to show up in my reflection right after...the time i felt sick all of a sudden" i nod my head listening but not interrupting, "at first they were just a shadow and would sometimes grab at me, but nothing ever happened when they did. Until... right before my coma, they started to be able to appear without a reflection and even mess with my hair, though they usually only braided it." Lara calls out "so that's who did your hair!" Trevor sheepishly rubs the back of his neck "yeah, anyway, right after i woke up from my coma, it was when you all left i was talking to myself when it spoke, a single word, that i couldn't understand but still. They grabbed my hand and gave me an item..." he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small bow "this....was my best friend's the one who got lost in my magic..." my eyes widen as he continues "i don't know what it means, but ever since the shadow has been watching me and helping me, appearing out of nowhere, but that was the first time it showed itself to anyone..." i nod, saying "i see" he sighs before saying "i'm sorry Sir Brandon, for their action" Brandon hums "its alright, just a surprise is all" Tevor nods slowly, i smile at him and pat his arm, "we'll help you figure this out" he smiles back nodding more, "okay, thank you"