mason mount- failure by you

You had practically been living the single life for the last two months but mason had been living in the same house that was it. No more date nights, dancing at 2 am under the moonlight and sleeping in separate beds. The only source of interest he had shown you was when you both was out in public but that was at a minimum. You crave his touch, his breathe fanning the back of your neck while he whispers sweet nothings but instead you left alone in the dark wondering what has happened. You had questioned him cheating but you knew in your heart mase wasn't capable maybe you had grown apart. The thoughts swimming around your head distracting you from mason waving his hand around trying to catch your attention.

"hellooo." mason says while huffing in annoyance

"sorry" I mutter while standing up and leaving the sofa

"I am going out with Dec in 10 just came back to get dressed"

"Again seriously" you laugh sarcastically

"Are you serious right now y/n" mason bitterly replies

"Yes your always out and never make time for me anymore the only time I see you is in bed and sometimes you go sleep in the spare room."

"I am busy y/n I can't help it training is killing me at the minute, I have just recovered from my ankle injury and champions league starts next month I don't have time to just sit and do nothing." mason angrily shouts

"But yet you make time for everyone else except me" you shout matching his tone

"I aren't having this argument with you y/n if I want to go spend time with my friends with the limited free time that I have then I will I don't have to explain myself to you we will do something soon I promise"

You nod your head knowing this argument wasn't going anywhere and leave the lounge to get ready for another night on the sofa alone. A notification on your phone pulled you from the tv, you began to reply to Lauren but she was facetiming you. Once she picked up she instantly noticed the tear stained cheeks and the smile missing from your face that once highlighted your dimples.

"Hey y/n what's wrong, are you okay? Want me to come around?" Lauren spoke with concern laced in her voice

"No I am okay just one of those days I guess" I spoke with nerves in my voice begging me not to break

"Yeah no I don't believe that y/n I know something is wrong if you aren't going to tell me then fine but I aren't having you alone while being this upset."

Not knowing how to reply I simply smile but my eyes don't receive the message as they speak about my pain my smile not doing it any justice.

--20 minutes later--

The loud bang at the door interrupted the silence, I unlocked the door and opened it and Lauren gave me a smile that brought so much comfort tears began falling out without permission as she pulled me into a hug.

It felt like hours had passed by but only a few minutes in her arms made everything feel better I forgot what it feels like being in someone's arm and them telling you that its going to be ok. We entered the kitchen in silence while I began making us both a drink. Lauren was first to break the silence;

"so what happened that's got you this upset? Lauren questioned

"Its a long story I don't want to bother you it's late and I'm probably just being sensitive"

"y/n its no bother you know this I want to help I hate you being this upset"

I couldn't meet her eyes knowing I would break down

"Whats happened between you and mason?" Lauren asked

I lifted my head my eyes finally meeting hers surprised by what she had just said