•Written Exams•

[Jutsu]
[Thought]
[𝔹𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/N turns to look at Sasuke and Kabuto.
Y/N: You better stop. I hate people praising me like that.
He says, as the three Genin of the Sound village are beside him.

Boy: So you're sayin' that this midget is impossible to beat? Don't make me laugh. He won't last even 1 hour.
He says, looking at Y/N with pure disgust. He has bandages all over his body.

Y/N turns around, now fully facing the boy. Naruto looks at the two.
Y/N: Who are you calling midget, you idiotic mummy? Bandages are out if style, you know? Wearing them won't make you look stronger or powerful.
The two stare at each other with pure hatred.

Naruto walks to the two, separating them.
Naruto: Come on, Y/N, he's not worth it.
Y/N sighs. Then, he looks at the boy and his friends with dull eyes, making them feel uncomfortable.
Y/N: You better go, before I change my mind.

In that moment a door opens, and a man with a black coat and scars on his face comes in, followed by other people dressed in grey.
Man: Follow me. We'll start right away with the written exams.
Naruto: WHAT?! A WRITTEN EXAM?!
He yells, earning a punch from Sakura.

They enter in a classroom, and Naruto sits beside Y/N.
Man: First of all, I'm Ibiki.
The man says, quickly introducing himself.

Ibiki: I'll now proceed explaining the rules. Each of you start with a score of 10 points. You're given 10 questions. Each wrong question, will cause you to lose a point. If you're catched cheating, and trust me, their eyes are sharp...
He says, pointing to the men dressed in grey, sitting in a corner.

Ibiki: You'll lose 2 points. If you're catched 5 times, you and the whole team are out. If a member of the team has 0 points, the entire team fails.
Naruto gulps hearing those words.
Ibiki starts talking again.

Ibiki: You have an hour to answer. 15 minutes before the end of the exam, I'll give you the 10th question. Now start.
Y/N looks at Naruto, who's trembling in fear, holding a pencil in his shaky hands.
Y/N: Naruto!
He whispers, making Naruto look at him.

Naruto: What is it?
He whispers, as his voice is shaky.
Y/N: Don't worry about anything, just act normally. I have a plan.

Naruto nods in response, relaxing a bit.
Y/N starts answering the questions with ease, and when he's done, he quickly starts doing hand signs, making sure no one's looking at him.

Y/N: Shadow Style: Great Darkness Jutsu!
Y/N whispers, as the room starts getting darker and darker to the point no one except Y/N can see. Y/N grabs Naruto paper, and gives Naruto his own.

Boy: What the heck is this!
Y/N: Kai!
The darkness disappears, and the room returns bright like before. Naruto looks down, noticing the writings on the paper. He quickly turns to Y/N, who's answering the questions again.

Naruto: Y/N...
He says with teary eyes.
Y/N smiles at him.
Y/N: I told you I had a plan, didn't I?
As he answers, a lot of examinees are surprised cheating and they fail.

Ibiki: Now it's time for the last question, but for this question, there will be new rules. You can choose whether to answer, or not. If you choose to answer and it's wrong, you fail, and you'll never be able to take this exam again. If you don't answer, you'll fail right away, but you can try next year.

Boy: THIS IS ALL BULLSHIT!
He yells, getting up.
Y/N sighs, earning a glare from everyone.
Boy: What? You're always sighing like you know everything! It's annoying!

Y/N: Sir, may I get up?
Ibiki: Of course.
Y/N gets up, looking at the boy.
Y/N: First of all, watch your language. It's clear as day that this is only a test to see our ability to gather information being unnoticed.

Ibiki and everyone looks at him with wide eyes.
Ibiki: That's... True. You're clever, boy.
Naruto: So all those questions were USELESS?!
Y/N: Yep.
Shikamaru: Oi, Y/N, that darkness was your doing, wasn't it?
Y/N grins.

Y/N: Yeah.
Ibiki: You all pass. Congratulations.
Then, the window suddenly breaks apart, and a woman comes in.
Woman: Hey there, boys and girls. My name's Anko, and I'll be your instructor for the next stage. Now follow me, from now on, things will get interesting.

She says, giving Y/N a look. They get out, and head at the entrance of a forest Y/N never saw before.
Anko: This is training ground 44, also known as the Forest of Death.
Everyone except Y/N and Sasuke gasp.

Anko: You'll survive for 5 days in there. Each team, will be given a scroll, that can be of two types: Heaven and Earth. Each team has to gather one of each scroll, and then head to the tower in the center if the forest before the time ends.

Y/N rolls his eyes, bored.
Y/N: I thought we'd do something more exciting.
Anko: You're a very annoying brat.
Y/N: You're a very ugly woman.
She starts laughing like a horse.

Ino: What on earth did I do to see this?
She says, facepalming herself.
Anko regains her composture.
Anko: When you hear your team being called, you have to come to me, get your scroll, and go by one of the 44 entrances.

Ino: See you later, Y/N.
She says, waving at him.
Anko: Kirigaya Y/N.
Anko says. Y/N reaches her. She gives him a Heaven scroll, and he leaves, reaching the first gate. He grabs his sword's handle tightly.
Y/N: Let's do this!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
986 words.