Little Miss Surprised/ Little Miss Never Tasted Arizona

"You sure?" JC asks for about the 50th time.
"I'm fine JC. I really have to go." I tell him. 

He looks at me skeptical but gives in, he gives me a hug. 

"See ya." I say and walk out the door.

As soon as I’m out the door I run as fast as me feet could carry me to the park, where I grab my bag. 
Where to go? First, even though it's late - I have to find out what's going on with Alicia.. so I head to her house.  The air wasn't warm, but wasn't exactly cold.. it was nice. And that made the ride to her house better.

I knock on her front door three times before her mother answers.

“Hello Mrs. Kennedy is Alicia home?”
She gives me a bit of a frightened look. “Come inside dear.” 

I give her a strange look and does as told, she closes the door and walks over to the sofa. I follow.

“Alicia hasn't been answering my calls or texts. Is she okay?” 
“She's fine.”
“Then why won't she talk to me?”
“Look, I don't think I should be the one to tell you.”
“TELL ME WHAT!?”
“ALICIA COME HERE!” Mrs. Kennedy yells. 

“Coming!” I hear Alicia's voice yell back and her footsteps run down the stairs.
“R-Ryleigh..” She stutters when she sees me. 
“I'll leave you two to talk.” With that, she walks out of the room.
“Hey are you okay? Why won't you call or text me back?” 
“I'm fine.” 
“Alicia, your mom said you have something to tell me.”
“You're not going to like it...” 
“I'm your friend. Just tell me!”
“I-I'm pregnant.” She whispers looking at the ground. 
“Who is the dad?” 
“That's the thing..”
“What?” 
“It's.. It's Lynn.” 
“My Ex-boyfriend?” I say, my voice full with anger.
“I'm sorry! It was at a party and I was drunk.” 
“How far along are you?”
“About 3 weeks.” She says with a sigh.

I take it in, my best friend.. pregnant... with my Ex-boyfriend's baby. Most people would be so pissed right now that they would storm out of the house and never speak to them again. But I’m not going to do that. She was drunk, and it's not her fault.

“Do you hate me?” She asks, her voice trembling.
“No. Alicia, I don't hate you. You were drunk..” I pause “Plus.. Lynn & I have been broken up for 3 months. I'm over him.”
“You're the best!” Alicia yells and throws her arms around me, pulling me into a hug.

* * * * * * *

"Wait, so your mom actually kicked you out?!" Alicia asks shocked.
"Yeah." I answer.
"Where you gonna stay?" Her eyes light up when she asks me this.
"Well, I was hoping to stay here in this FABULOUS home!"
"Good!" She laughs.

For the last few hours Alicia & I have been catching up, I told her about my mom kicking me out and how Jc & I kissed and all of that shiz.

"I'm tired." She states, yawning.
"Yeah... me to." I pause and give her a hug. "Thanks for everything Alicia." I say with a slight smile and head to their guest room, which, in a way, is now my room. 

After thinking it all over, maybe.. maybe it won't be so bad that my mom kicked me out. I can become my own person, and I’m almost 18 anyway..  Maybe it is for the best that I stay here for a while. Like Manny off of degrassi when she was thinking about getting a boob job and her parents found out and her dad kicked her out.  She stayed at Emma's for a long time and, eventually, went home. I'm Manny and Alicia is Emma. I smile at those thoughts and fall asleep.

* * ** * * * * *

“RYLEIGH WAKE UP! WAKE UP! RYLEIGH YOU SLEEPY HEAD! HEY DUMBASS -” Alicia yells, jumping on the bed and pushing off the bed. I cut her off by throwing a pillow at her face.

''WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT THIS EARLY!'' I yell at her, taking a glance at my clock and seeing it's ONLY 8 A.M.

She stops jumping and sits next to me on the bed. “Jc texted you and he wants you to come to his house at 12:00 Everyone is gonna be there. You weren't awake so I texted him back for you saying 'Alright.' and I decided to wake you up so you have a few hours to get ready!” She says, really fast.

“Wait.. why do I need a few hours to get ready?” I ask, usually I just put on some regular clothes a bit of eye liner and leave.
“Oh! They're having a barbeque. JC's family is gonna be there and all that. He wants you to be there at 12:00.”
“Again, why do I need to be up 4 hours before?”
“Don't you want to look more than just a skater girl in front of all of his family?” She asks, raising an eyebrow.
“Good point. I don't need 4 hours.. but good point.”

She walks out of the room and closes the door behind her – first thing I need to do is shower. I race to the bathroom (There's one in my room! Woo!) and slam the door behind me. I turn the water to the appropriate temperature and strip out of my clothes and step into the water. I shampoo & condition my hair and wash my body, then step out of the shower and wrap a warm towel around me. I turn the water off and head back into my room where I grab my matching cheetah print bra & underwear and slip them on.

I grab my phone and read the texts from JC.

Hey Ryleigh, My family is having a barbeque.. you should come. Everyone is gonna be there:) ~JC
Sure! What time? ~Ryleigh
12:00 :) Wear something purrrtty. ~JC
Haha. Alright. See ya then :) ~Ryleigh.

Hmm.. Something pretty? Lets see.. what do I have, luckily for me since I spend so much time at Alicia's half of my wardrobe is at her house.

Let's see, Purple lace-strappy dress? No. Light/dark purple one-shoulder dress? Nope. Beige half sleeve lace dress? PERFECT! Not to fancy, but not to un-fancy. I smile and slip it on.. I don't usually wear dresses, as.. I don't really like them.. but I guess I’ll wear one just for this. Should I wear high heels? Well, I don't have any.. but I bet Alicia has a few pairs. But then again, her & I are basically the same.. so I seriously doubt she has heels. I guess I’ll just wear my black low top converse. But, I’ll do that after my make up. I do red & purple eye shadow.. Can you tell that I like purple? Black eye liner and a bit of mascara. Last thing to do is my hair, which will take the longest considering I'm going to curl it.. first I have to try it though. So, I walk back into the bathroom and blow dry it for about 15 minutes and walk back into my room where I start to curl my naturally straight hair.

“RYLEIGH! It's 11:50!” Alicia yells from downstairs.
“Shit!” I mumble, slipping my converse on grabbing my phone and then running downstairs.
“Oh girl you look good.” Alice says with a smile.
“Thanks. Do you mind driving me? Jc's house is much farther than Ricardo's!”
“Yeah, no problem c'mon.”

We both run out the door and into her car.

“I'm excited.” I state as she backs out of the driveway.
“I'm excited for you!” She says with a giggle.

I laugh with her and pull out my phone, texting Jc.

On my way! :D ~Ryleigh

He texts back almost instantly.

Cool :) See ya soon ~Jc

Time goes by fast, cause the next thing I know is that we're at Jc's house.

“Have fun girl.” Alicia says and hugs me.
“I will, and when Marco gets back I’ll introduce you two to them!” I say with a smile and get out of the car.

Alicia pulls out of the drive way and drives down the road, while I knock on the door. I didn't have to wait very long for Jc to answer the door.

“Hey Ryleigh! Wow you look very pretty.” He says, and blushes a tiny bit, as do I.
“Thanks' Jc.”

He takes my hand, which makes me blush a little, and leads me into the kitchen, only a few people were in the kitchen – Connor, Trevor and Jc's siblings and his mom.

“Mom, you're making the guests work?” Jc says, kinda whiny.
“If they're gonna be here for the whole summer the least they can do is help cook.” His mom says with a slight chuckle.
“Yeah! What your mom said!” Trevor says, with a slight fist pump then goes back to whatever he was doing.
“Oh, is this miss Ryleigh?” His mom says with a slight wink.
“Yeah. That's me!” I say, with a slight chuckle.
“You know all of these boys have been talking about you for last few weeks? Especially Jc!”
“Mom!” They all whine.. wait, Trevor & Connor call Jc's mom, mom? Well I learn something new everyday!
“Oh shush!” She says to the boys, “Anyway, it's very nice to meet you Ryleigh.”
“Nice to meet you as well Mrs. Caylen.”
“We're going outside now.” Jc says and leads me out of the kitchen. “Sorry about my mom..”
“Nah. It's cool.” I pause, “So is Trevor & Connor staying with you.. and Kian, Sam & Ricky staying with Ricardo?”
“Yep. We couldn't have all 5 in just one house so we divided them up.”
“Cool.”

He leads me through the house and out to the backyard, over to an empty table.
“So, what's the occasion?” I ask, looking around.

A bunch of tables and chairs were set around the backyard, the thing were you barbeque stuff and music blaring.
He shrugs. “My parents just decided to have a barbeque.”
“Oh.” I simply say back.

I looked around, there was someone somewhere. Like, there is a little back porch type thing with a few little tables and chairs – there were kids sitting there goofing off. There were people standing around with cups of some type of juice just talking, the people cooking.. and then there were Ricardo Sam Kian & Ricky. Sam & Kian were chasing each other with silly string (they were both COVERED in silly string) and Ricky & Ricardo were dumping water on each other. Yep.. they're so normal. Kian was running away from Sam then he saw me and waved. I waved back.. I guess he wasn't paying attention to where he was going cause he trips on a rock and lands in the little kiddie pool for the kids. It was hilarious.

“Y-Y-You O-O-Okay?” Sam manages to say through his laughing fit.
“Asshole.” Kian replies back with a slight chuckle – he was drenched in water.

“What happened out here?” Jc's mother asks, walking outside.
“I tripped.” Kian replies in a trying-to-play-it-off-cool type tone.

Ricardo, Sam, Ricky, Jc & I bust out in laughter, It's just one of those 'You had to be there!' moments.

“Hey Ricardo can you drive me to your house real quick so I can get some dry clothes?” Kian asks.
“You can just borrow some of mine.” Jc says.
“Alright.” Kian says with a shrug.

Kian & Jc go upstairs, and I sit in my chair and take in my surroundings – Jc's backyard. Everyone went back to what they were doing before, except – Sam & Ricky trade places with Connor & Trevor, so that those two could rest. Connor went over and played with the group of little kids – aww. Cute.

''So, do you like Jc?” Trevor asks as he sits down next to me.
“What? No!” I say back defensively.
“Do you like Kian?” He asks raising an eyebrow.
“Nope!”
“How come?”
“I-I dunno.” I stutter. Did I like them? Did I not? I haven't really had time to just.. sort out my feelings. And.. I’ve only known them for a bit. Trevor shrugs.

“So, when did you become a fan of O2L?” he asks, with a smile.
“Well, First I was a hugeee fan on Connor and I saw him tweet something about it.. so I’ve been there from the beginning.
I like FREAKED when you auditioned for X-Factor!”

He laughs and turns to me. “Yeah. Were you the girl who tweeted me 20 times saying how I should have made it?”
“Was the twitter name @Della_Love?”
“Yep.” He says with a thinking face and laughs.
My face burns red. “Well, Uh. Yeah. But.. I guess Starships just isn't your song.”
“I guess so. But that won't get me down!” he says with a smile.

We kept talking, honestly it was great to have just a one on one conversation with Trevor. Trevor Moran. Who cares that I’m 5 to 4 years older than him – well, I’m not 18 yet. Still about 3 weeks to go.. but yeah. More like 4 to 3 years.

''I'm baaack.” Jc sing-songed as he came into the backyard and over to Trevor and I. I don't know where Kian is – Maybe the kitchen?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Dinner is ready!” Jc's mom calls from the kitchen. It's about.. 6:00.

Jc grabs my hand and we run inside with everyone else.

“Hey! Kids first. 18 and over go last!” She says.

Jc sighs, him Ricky & Connor walk back outside with all the other adults.
“I’m 17. Not 18.” I declare
“I'm 16!” Sam & Kian say together (Is Kian & Sam the same age? Sorry if they aren't!!)
“I'm 13!” Trevor says and fist pumps. I laugh and shake my head.

We -all of us not-yet-adults- all grab plates and get the food we want, then go outside and everyone else get their plates.
Everyone eats outside and the O2L members & I pull up a bunch of chairs to a table.

“So, how are you liking the barbeque?” Jc asks me, taking a drink of his Arizona.
“I love it!” I exclaim and take a drink of my root beer.
“Why don't you have Arizona?” Connor asks with a gasp. Everyone else at the table gasps as well.
“I've never tried Arizona..” I admit. Connor gasps, Jc pretends to die and Ricky falls out of his chair, while Kian & Sam give me disapproving looks and Trevor dies of laughter cause of Ricky falling out of his chair. On 'purpose'.

“Here!” Jc says, handing me his Arizona can.

I laugh and shake my head, then pick up the can and take a sip.

“Oh, Hey this is good!” I exclaim and hand the can back to Jc.

All the boys clap their hands -like proud fathers.. or in this case 'brothers.'- I, for the 50th time this night, laugh. These boys are truly something else.

* * * Authors note. Okay... So, I know I don't have many readers and all.. but Team Kian or Team Jc? ;)