🏵️ Chapter 17🏵️: Girl's night.

Start from the beginning

"Wow, I don't know if I should be happy or sad that both of you decided to forget all about me". I heard someone say from behind Tina. Tashie popped out her head and looked at me.

"Awww... Don't misunderstand us babe, I miss you too but I miss Tina more". I tried explaining to her.

"I'll leave you ladies to talk while I go do other things" I heard my husband say and her turned to walk away but before he even had the chance, I grabbed his hand.

  "Yes?" He answered, a little harshly but I ignored it and proceeded with what I wanted to ask of him.

"My love, you didn't kiss me goodbye". I reminded him.

  He smiled nervously, then he kissed me on my forehead more quickly than I felt it and before I knew it, he was already on his way up the stairs.

"Awww....love is so sweet". I heard Tashie say.

"Let's all go to the garden. That would be most convenient for our conversation". I told them and they did. I looked at Mary and she understood that what I wanted her to do was get us comestibles and drinks.

"A lot has happened during these eight years, Nora" Tina said as she took her seat. "A lot has changed especially with you". She completed her sentence.

"Yeah, A lot really has changed" I agreed, also taking my seat. The cold breeze blew on us. I looked up at the open sky and saw how the dark clouds gathered.

"It's gonna rain tonight". Tashie commented.

"Yeah. I'm already so excited about it because it means you girls will spend the night with me". I told them excitedly, grinning from ear to ear.

"Well, since this will be the last day I'm spending in this nation, why don't I just spend and have the most fun with my friends?" Tashie said while Mary laid down the goblets and poured the wine into the cups.

"What do you mean?" I asked her, surely hoping I had misunderstood her statement.

"She didn't tell you?". Tina asked me.

"Tell me what?"

"She and Olive are moving to Great Britain. They want to start their lives afresh". Tina announced.

"What?" I asked out of surprise and nothing else.

"Yep. You heard right. I'm moving out of the nation" Tashie said replied as she took the full wine goblet and took a sip out of it.

  "Why?"  I asked her, adjusting myself on the chair.

  "Why?... Isn't it obvious why?... Nora, Queen Tamara is dead, my mother is married to Olive's father and she doesn't even remember I'm her child anymore, I don't have a father and That Henia girl is always getting on my nerves. So tell me one good reason to stay!" Tashie responded as she was getting furious.

I decided to stop the conversation since it wasn't bringing any good memories for any of us.

  "I wish you both a happy married life" I told Tashie but I'm guessing she was still angry because she ignored me and just swirled her wine inside the goblet.

"So, Tina. Let's talk about you. How has life been?" I asked her, turning towards Tina who, I'm guessing was already lost in thought.

"I'm good. Life has been good, I guess". She replied, giving me one of her prettiest smile.

"And how's the baby?" I asked her.

"She's fine. She's looks exactly like her father and even takes after him. She eats a lot, just like her father. The only problem we got is that we don't sleep well at night". She explained.

"Awww... I heard newborns can be a handful"

  "Yeah. But apart from that, she's fine". She replied, before taking her own goblet from the table.

  "What's her name?" I asked Tina, really curious and interested in life as a parent.

  "Molly, and her elder sister's name is Lisa".

"You have two girls?" I asked in amusement.

  "Yeah. The eldest one is just three years old".

  "Wow". I replied with all amusement. Hearing about her children was like hearing a fairytale story.  It was really so amusing to me.

  "Sorry for disturbing you, your highness". Mary suddenly said, interrupting us. We all turned our heads to look at her.

Mary stood up and whispered in my ear. "Master has gone for a short trip and he said I should tell you not to expect him in three days".

I was shocked but I tried to compose myself, since my friends were around and I wasn't ready to tell them that I married a Voyager. I didn't want anybody to look down on my marriage so I kept smiling and told Mary "Thanks for letting me know". She nodded and walked away.

  "Any problem, Nora?" Tashie asked me.

"What?" I asked her not because I didn't actually hear her but because it was surprising that she still read through my façade.

"What's wrong, Nora?... Why that pained smile?" Tina asked, with so much concern on her face, I had to tell her what was going on.

"It's actually nothing, guys. My husband went on a trip and Mary just came here to inform me".

"Oh, that. Is that why you were putting on a dull face?" Tashie asked me before taking a slice of chocolate cake on the table.

  "It's nothing, seriously". I tried to assure them but they didn't even look convinced. So I tried to change the subject.

  "Have you ladies heard from Phillips?"

  "Phillips Henia?... Nope. He's been scarce these days. More like a rare commodity" Tashie replied.

  "So is Justin. I heard he came back home but I haven't for once, cast my eyes on him in nine years". Tina exclaimed.

"He did come back home. In fact, he came for my wedding. But after grandmother's death, he left and I haven't heard from him since then". I tried to explain to them.

  "Anyway, I believe they're all having the time of their lives. And I'm actually happy that all of us are actually doing well in our lives". Tina said, with such a thick smile, it was contagious.

"Yeah. I also am". I returned her smile.

Just then the rain started drizzling and we all had to stand up and take cover.

"Oh my, oh my, oh my... This rain knows exactly when to fall"   Tashie said, standing up and stretching forth her hands out to the rain as the rain became heavier while Tina and I ran for cover.

  Tashie stayed under the rain. She was really enjoying herself and she didn't seem to be  planning to stop anytime soon.

  Tina and I watched her as she played in the rain, getting more soaked as the rain became heavier.

Then she walked up to us, soaked in every part of her body.

"Aren't you guys going to join me?" She asked.

" No thank you. We'll pass". Tina declined the request.

  I signalled Tina that we should walk away but Tashie dragged us into the rain before we could walk away.

"You did not just do this". I told Tashie jokingly.

"Loosen up girls. Life isn't hard you're the one complicating things for yourself". Tashie said before splashing some rain water on me and that's how we started out water play fight.