Igatpuri Mission

Recap:

Dev discovered that Sonakshi is the niece of his father's friend, whom he envied the most. It angered him that she hid it from him.

******

She wondered why Dev was taking so long to come out. She can't go in search of him while her uncle is present. Dev was waiting for her explanation in his room as he paced. So he came into the living room and sat beside Mohan, staring coldly at Sonakshi as she engaged in conversation, with Riya unaware that he was watching her. She informed Riya that she couldn't come to teach her that week because she wanted to spend time with her uncle. This entire week, Vijay made sure she would live with him at their mansion, which she obliged.

After Vijay and Sonakshi left, Mohan called Dev to his office. Mohan gave Dev an envelope and asked him to read it. A smirk formed on his face as he read the content. He nodded to his father assuring.

"Dev, apna khayal rakhna... Apni Maa ka aashirwaad leke jaana..."

Mohan suggested to him, and he nodded in agreement. He went to pack his bag and searched for Ishwari.

"MAA... MAA..." He called for Ishwari.

"Main garden mein hoon Dev." Came her reply.

She gasped when she saw Dev with his backpack. She gently stroked his cheek and asked," Tu phir se jaa hain kya Dev?"

"Haan Maa Igatpuri camping ke liye jaa raha hoon. Bas ek hafte mein waapas aaunga."

"Phir se tera mann teekh nahi hain aur tu phir se jaa raha hain na!" She sighed defeatedly. He gave her a tight-lipped smile.

'Iss baar sach mein mann teekh nahi hain Maa. Shayad kaam pe jaane se woh thoughts durr ho jayega.'

He said to himself and left not before touching Ishwari's feet as a gesture of taking blessings.

when he stepped out he dialed Anurag.

"Hello! Anurag."

"Hey! Dev."

"Main Igatpuri jaa raha hoon."

Anurag understood the reason behind his sudden trip as he further didn't ask any questions.

"Kitne din?"

"One week."

"Ok sab khatam karke aana... Best of luck."

"OK, see you after a week."

********

DEV'S POV.

I think this one week will help me to clear all my unnecessary thoughts. I can just busy myself with the work.

Igatpuri is mainly a hill station surrounded by beautiful nature. Maybe I can try meditation techniques in the Academy. It's an amazing place for trekking. I have work of only 2-3 days, later I wish to spend in nature. it has always had a calming effect on me. But right now I have more important work. I need to meet my team and discuss our strategy. This place has dense forest which is hiding spots for Maoists and also many criminals. Tourists need to be careful with them. Still, my mind is playing games with me. I am having a conflict between my mind and heart. Everything I heard and saw about Niha concludes that she is good at heart but my mind argues back that it might be pretending. The fact that she hid her identity proved my mind correct.