Chapter 12

A/N:

Hello, readers :) I know I've been more of a reader and less of a writer here on Wattpad, for which I am totally apologizing. But thank you to those of you who kept reading the story, and to the ones who kept encouraging me to write it. You're the best! x

So, here's a new chapie. It's a short this one but beautiful, I hope.

It's dedicated to @zayn_payne xx

Enjoy :) x

-Kattie

It was early in the morning when Zayn's arm stretched, desperate to touch something that wasn't there. His eyes jerked open immediately, any trace of sleep forgotten. He scanned the room quickly, searching for her tiny figure and her magical eyes. Where was she?

He frowned, desperately trying not to think about the worst. Getting up hurriedly, he knocked on the bathroom door. No response welcomed him and as he opened the door, he realized she's not there. He headed towards the window, peeking out, his eyes scanning the area.

Zayn hadn't realized he had his breath held until he exhaled a loud breath of relief when he noticed her by the lake, staring in the distance, her arms wrapped around her body.

She must be cold, he thought as a feeling of anxiety took him over, causing his brows to furrow.

What was she doing out there by her own? Wasn't she comfortable in his arms? The peaceful memory of the previous night caused a ghost of a smile to appear on his face. Her back pressed against his chest, the delightful scent of her hair, reminding of vanilla, sweet and alluring. It was a scent of delusion, a scent to lose yourself into.

He didn't know what had gotten him last night. Simply, the thought of Violet being so close, just a door away, did not leave him at rest. He tried falling asleep but it was useless. He was still feeling the sweetness of her lips on his, the memory still repeating in his head, over and over again. Was it like that with Laura? Was it like that with every girl he had kissed? Was it like that three weeks ago? Was it like that before Violet came in town? When was the last time he thought of a girl like that? When was the last time he couldn't get a girl out of his mind? Was there even a time when he felt like this? He couldn't quite remember the answers of all these questions … Restless thoughts like these tortured him for what felt like hours when he suddenly got up and as if in trance, made his way towards the room next-door. Peeking in, being incredibly quiet, he took in the sight of her delicate, sleeping figure. Maybe it was the challenge of having her, he thought, trying to answer his previous questions, but right now he couldn't care less...

He made his way to her and carefully wrapped his arms around her as if he had done this zillion times before. And somehow, the world was in its right place in that exact moment. Somehow, he felt as if he had found his place.

And now, as he was looking out the window at her, the sudden urge to take care of her obsessed him. His eyes scanned the room, stopping at her hoodie, neatly folded on a chair near the bed. He grabbed it and got out of the room.

Zayn presumed the boys were still asleep because the 2nd floor, where the bedrooms were, was deadly quiet. It was a shocker he was even up this early in the morning but her absence somehow woke him up. He made his way to the front door quietly, careful not to wake the lads.

As he got out, the cool wind ruffled his hair, sending a chill down his spine. Nearing Violet's figure, he realized she was so deep in thought that she didn't even hear his footsteps approaching her. Zayn noticed she still had the same attire on from yesterday. The strapless beige top was revealing her bare shoulders, seducing every bit of chastity he had. Damn this girl.