"This is the best birthday" Harry smiled gratefully at the three in front of him.

"You're welcome" Cordelia smiled and brought him in for another hug.

Harry tightened his hold around her waist, his mind for a moment went back to Draco Malfoy in Borgin and Burke but he shook his head to get rid of the thought. He had been observant and had seen how much the topic annoyed Cordelia.

"Thank you" he kissed her head softly.

It was soon time to leave but Cordelia was not ready at all.

"It'll take time to get ready. Why don't you guys go ahead and enjoy..... I know I'm not that welcomed anyway" she tried to persuade them to leave her behind but it seemed too risky for Remus.

"Nonsense, go hurry up now. We won't be there for long" Remus shooed her up the stairs.

Cordelia reluctantly trudged back upstairs and got dressed in better clothes than her casual ones.

While getting dressed her mind went to the drawer she hasn't opened in some days. It had the locket in it.

Going to the Burrow again with something to think about seemed better than going their with a false hope that the evening would go by smoothly and people won't be throwing shade on you.

Cordelia couldn't help but roll her eyes at the pettiness. But she was most gobsmacked by how Remus, Sirius and Harry behaved when they were with the others. They were being ignorant. It did upset the dark haired girl but she resided to going outside.

She never felt so disrespected ever at the Malfoy Manor, even she didn't see eye to eye with Lucius all the time. They still acted civil. But Cordelia didn't want to give them the pleasure of their words affecting her and specially because she didn't want to ruin Harry's birthday.

"Zey can be pretty rude....." she heard Fleur's soft voice, as the blonde girl sat down beside Cordelia.

"How do you manage this? Doesn't Bill say anything to Molly?"

"e doez but I don't wanz him to argue wiz hiz family because of me" Fleur sighed as she stared off into the distance with Cordelia.

The two sat together and talked about some other things as they talked before Fleur heard that dinner was ready.

Fleur gestured for Cordelia to come in and eat as well. Cordelia didn't want to eat anything. She had lost her appetite it seemed.

"I'm not hungry" she said to no one in particular as she came in.

"Yeah, it wouldn't taste the same if not made by hands which bear the dark mark" Ronald Weasley tried to sneer but it looked like he was constipated.

"YOU!" Cordelia had her wand out and pointed towards the boy. Molly shrieked as Harry and Bill held Ron back while Fleur and Sirius tried to stop Cordelia.

"Stop! Stop!" Everyone fussed about as they held back the two.

"This isn’t over! You better watch your back this year!" Cordelia shouted angrily at the boy as Sirius pulled her outside.

"Going to call your death eater--"

"Ron!" Harry yelled as he cut off his friend with an irritated expression.

"You twat! At least no one from my family was tying the knot over and over while everyone was at war!" Cordelia managed to pick up a spoon and throw it at the boy but it was not aimed accurately.

That had Molly flush with embarrassment as Sirius pulled the struggling girl outside of the Burrow.

"Stop it" he breathed as he let go of her. Standing in between her and the Burrow.

Burning Down | Harry Potterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें