06.

Harry paced around in his dorm room after dinner that night

Dinner was quite eventful for him.

Harry had reached the great hall before any of his friends, he took a seat in the middle of the Gryffindor table.

Looking up, he saw the girl who had been quite literally sending shivers down his spine walking in with his enemy. Draco Malfoy.

After a quick wave between the two, they parted their ways. Cordelia made her way to the Gryffindor table, a longing expression on her face when she saw Draco moving towards the Slytherin table.

Harry watched as Cordelia sat a few seats away from him.

Harry had a small debate with himself, before he plucked up some courage and shifted, sliding down to where the dark haired girl was sitting.

Now sitting in front of her, he didn't know what to say.

Cordelia looked up from when she felt someone sitting in front of her.

Harry was taken back by her beautiful grey eyes. She really looked ethereal up close.

Harry was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard her soft voice questioning him.

"What are you doing?"

"Sitting" he blurted. His cheeks flushed due to embarrassment when he realised how stupid his answer was.

"Just wanted to say hi" he added in a small voice.

Cordelia arched an eyebrow at him and replied, "Hi"

Harry looked around and saw a few people giving them side glances.

"I'm Harry" he said turning back.

"Cordelia Black"

Harry felt more stupid now, he scolded himself for not preparing for a conversation.

"I, uh, why does your father want to kill me?" That was when any hopes he had of getting to know the girl flew out of the window, or rather were thrown out by no one else but Harry himself.

Harry observed as the girl's eyes hardened before she said in an irritated low voice, "What part of the sentence "I am not his daughter" do you and your friends don't understand?"

"You share the same surname" stop. Harry. He said in his head.

"How thick are you, did you not consider the possibility that he might've had family? A younger brother perhaps?" She asked with a frown, she looked ready to slap Harry.

"I, uh, didn't"

"Then consider it" she half-yelled in his face.

The two sat in a uncomfortable silence, their marks tingling.