The arrival

Mr Limbo dropped me off by a road and I saw a kind-looking woman there. She was friend-shaped and had red hair with curls. The woman wore a simple T-shirt and plain pants that still looked stylish. From what I saw, she was in her late 30s and probably lived in a fairy cottage. The woman came over to me and gave me a welcoming hug, "Welcome to Meddlebay, I am Addison Limbo, Mr Limbo's sister, call me Addison." I smiled back sheepishly. Addison grinned and went to talk to Mr Limbo. I can't imagine calling Mr Limbo by his first name, Aleksandr. Weird. We were on a hill so I could see the neighbourhood clearly. There was nothing here, so I somewhat sat down on the dried grass, but in a position where the dirt wouldn't stain my pants. I picked a flower, it was very beautiful. Looked nice next to my temporary tattoo (you know, the ones that would wash off when you scratch it). The moment was interrupted by a butterfly landing on my nose. I fell over and squealed. Addison softly laughed, "I can see she's a city girl." "Yeah...she's been stuck in Cruzcaster for 15 years. I'm glad she can finally escape the city and make friends," Mr Limbo nodded his head.

I couldn't quite hear the sound of them speaking over the my own shock. Addison gave me her hand so I immediately took it without a second thought. I breathed a large sigh, I could tell it wasn't going to be as easy in Meddlebay like in Cruzcaster. I looked towards Mr Limbo one last time as he waved and started his car. Summer really began. His car became smaller on my sight and just like nothing happened, I couldn't see it anymore. Addison placed her hand on my shoulder. "I know it's hard for you to adapt to new things, but things are going to be really fun here."
We walked down the hill and went to her house. It wasn't like the fairy cottage I expected, but still imaginable. There was a small bridge from the road connected to her house. In between, there is a pond for koi fish, I found that cute.

When I went inside her house, Addison asked me to unpack all my belongings in her son's former room. Her son moved out, but he's still in the neighbourhood. Once I was done, I sat on the luggage and began drawing, I couldn't help myself.
I drew bundles of shapes and coloured them in, I ended up with this.

             I drew a portrait of Addison, but it just felt unfinished

I drew a portrait of Addison, but it just felt unfinished. I got frustrated and decided to go to the living room. There, I saw Addison sitting and drinking tea. Addison noticed my presence.
"Oh, sorry. Didn't see you there," she tucked her hair behind her ears, "do you need anything?"
I sat beside her. "Hey," I thought of ways to start a conversation, "so...when is your husband coming home?"
Addison sighed and took out a Polaroid of her husband. "He passed not so long ago, when Levi was only 10."
I felt bad, "I'm so sorry, I didn't know—" Addison interrupted, "Haha, it's fine!"
"We still visit his grave every once in a while," Addison tried to brighten up the mood, "I'm going out for a while and I won't be home until dinner, how about you go outside and meet the other kids from the neighbourhood."
Instead of groaning and spitting our various sounds of reluctance, I replied "Sure, I'll do that."
Addison smiled as she grabbed her handbag and prepared to leave.

I wasn't in the mood to talk with other kids, but I brought up her dead husband, so I sorta owe it to her.

Addison left the door unlocked so it was easier for me to just get out of the house. Once I got out and turned to the right, I saw what she meant bye "the kids". They were in a group of 4 and there was no way to quietly get pass them because they were blocking the road. I plugged in my earphones and walked by the side of the road, hoping they wouldn't notice me but they did.
One of them whispered to the girl with a ponytail.
"Hey, look. That's the kid from Cruzcaster Ms Limbo was talking about." The girl with the ponytail had more androgynous features. She had a striking jawline, lengthy hands and she was really tall. She was skinny as well. The girl with the ponytail was wearing a black jacket and a skater skirt with some long boots.
"Yeah, she looks like she's from Cruzcaster as well. I've never seen anyone wear that type of shirt around here." The girl with the ponytail agreed.
As she saw me passing by, she stopped me.

"Hey," the girl said, "you're the kid from Cruzcaster right?"
"Yeah." I murmured underneath my breath.
"I'm Lisa Dalton." The girl introduced herself to me.

I really didn't want small talk, and I was afraid of what I would be able to do if I snapped. I tried to walk past them slowly without them realising my antisocial intentions, but it was all in vain.
Lisa glanced at my temporary tattoo on my hand and gasped.

"Where'd you get this tattoo-" Lisa yanked on my hand. I had enough. I grabbed her hand off my wrists and pushed her, so she fell on the rough tar road. Aware of what I had done, I clenched my fists and ran away. It was just the first day and I have already gotten into trouble. "Great," I thought to myself, "It hasn't been a day and I've already given a bad name to Addison."

I ran for what felt like hours, everything blacked out, I didn't know where I went or where I was heading. My legs were burning and my tears broke out, stinging my face.