5 - Comfort

"Have you gone mad!?" I saw how their raven hair looked messy...

  "Lucas...?" I said feeling dumb struck and stupid.

  "Athanasia! Snap out of it, I'm luke!" His silver eyes came into my view...

  'Ah... Not red...'

  "I understand! Your heartbroken... But that doesn't mean you just die!" Luke said squatting down to my level.

  "Then what should I do... My mate basically rejected me..." I said leaning against the tree that was barely even standing due to it being whipped so hard that the wood got thin..

  "Athanasia! Are you even hearing yourself? What happened to the girl who always listened to her brain first before her heart?" Luke said.

  "That girl died..." I replied.

  "That girl died along with her mate..." I repeated.

  "But the girl I know wouldn't die without a fight! If she's going down she's going down fighting!" Luke said extending one of his hand to me.

  "Come on! Let's get our mates back together ok...?" Luke said giving me a sad smile...

  'He makes sense...' I thought...

  'wanna try and get our mate back?' I asked my wolf.

  'Hell yah!' my wolf immediately cheered.

  "Count me in." I said rubbing away my tears and taking Luke's hand.

  But instead of using his hand to stand up I pulled him down.

  "Athanasia! What was that for!" Luke said rubbing his wrist.

  "For fun." I said laughing.

  "Come on we'll get both our mates back!" I said getting up and dusting myself off.

  "Going to help me?" Luke asked.

  "Nope! Cause you'll probably drag me down as revenge." I said grinning.

  "Damn it! You know me to well!" Luke said laughing.

  Luke got up and dusted his pants.

  I took this chance and punched his head.

  Not too hard that his head might bleed of course.

  "Ow! What the hell! What was that for! I just comforted you and my rewards was a smack on the head!"

  "For a second I didn't even believe it was you of all people to comfort me and give me a pep talk!" I grinned.

  "That isn't a good reason to smack my head with no explanation!" Luke snapped at me.

  "Were you hearing yourself? God! I thought you or I had gone mad! Luke being good at comforting, never in my life would I have through putting you and the word comforting in one scentence was possible!"

  "I know right! I couldn't believe that I was actually hearing myself sound good at comforting people!" Luke added like a proud peacock.

  "Once our mates know that we're their mates they will love us right...?" Luke asked me.

  "Jennette will love anyone as long as she is your mate." I told Luke.

  "But Lucas... Even when we were kids... It felt like a cat and mouse chase where he was always running away from me and I could never reach him..." I sighed sadly to myself.

  "Pretty sure he was running away from paper work not you." Luke added laughing.

  "Yup! That lazy asshole couldn't just sit there and do paper work for the life of him! He just HAD to go out which caused me to have to chase after him an whip him multiple times!" I said laughing at the memory.

  "Oh my god! Remember when Lucas came back all bloody and Luna was worried something happened to him?" Luke said sniffling his laughter.

  "I remember when that smug dumbass pointed to me." I said.

  "And then Luna just turned away like 'Oh if it's Athanasia then it's no big deal'!" Luke said faking a high pitched voice.

  "Oh my god! Remember his speechless expression! Priceless! Absolutely priceless!" I replied bursting out in laughter

  "Athanasia do you remember when Jennette ran to alpha of blood moon because she got dirty?" Luke said.

  "Yes! Remember how you threw mud at her since you though it would be 'fun'?" I replied.

  "That's not my fault! I grew up with you so I thought girls didn't mind getting dirty!"

  "I'm just special! Plus I don't think you can get me dirty even if you tried." I mocked Luke.

  "How was I supposed to know some girls don't like dirt?" Luke replied.

  "Maybe by how Jennette screamed when you got mud all over her?"

  "By that time it was too late!"

  "That doesn't give you any right what so ever to point to me saying that I did it!" I said.

  "It's not like that worked since Jennette snitched me out!" Luke huffed.

  "Luke do you remember when Lucas left people suspected we were mates?"

  "Eww! No way! I would rather live mateless then with someone like you!"

  "I know right!" I agreed with him.

  "I don't get how people throught we were mates! I literally see you as my sister!" Luke complained.

  "Same! I can't imagine being romantically involved with you! Bleh!" I stuck out my tougne.

  "I'm too hot for you anyways!" Luke scoffed at me.

  "Nah man! Im the one who's to beautiful for you!" I argued.

  "Where have your eyes gone Athanasia, can't you see the hotness that I represent?!" Luke said posing.

  "In your dreams!" I said rolling my eyes as I started walking.

  "We will go to the library tomorrow."

  "Why!?" Luke whined.

  We both wanted out mates back as soon as possible.

  Even one day to us is like living in hell.

  "We gotta train our warriors." I answered.

  "Why can't you just do it?" Luke asked.

  More like whined...

  "Because without me you cant go in." I replied.

  The way to go in is by blood.

  You need to have my mother's blood to enter.

  "Where was gamma?" Luke asked.

  "He was training the warriors." I replied.

  "Funny how they call the delta third in command when the gamma is higher then you." Luke scoffed.

  "Luke let's be honest I can probably beat the gamma with ease!" I replied.

  "Probably." Luke said.

  "Beta!" I saw Helena rushing towards Luke.

  "What's the problem?" Luke asked.

  "Rouge attack on the south... One of our pups are being carried away as we speak." Helena said huffing and puffing.