17 - Unrequited love

"Alpha may I speak to Aeternitas in private?" I asked.

  "Sure..." Lucas permitted and I dragged Aeternitas out of the room.

  "Why didn't you tell me the people I've been looking for are all here... I can have my revenge..." Aeternitas said.

  "Aeternitas, don't kill them." I told Aeternitas.

  "Why?! I've waited my whole life to do this!" Aeternitas told me.

  "Just don't! That's a warning." I told Aeternitas before going back into the room.

  "I think we should just put her in the dungeons." Luke suggested.

  "But Jennette wouldn't be happy with that..." Lucas said sighing.

  'She really is your everything...' I thought.

  "Then how about chaseing her out of our territory?" Luke suggested.

  "I don't mean to interrupt Alpha, beta but I do agree that chasing her out would be a good option.." I spoke keeping my head down.

  "Fine..." Lucas agreed and his eyes went cloudy.

  "Luke. Please escort her to the border." Lucas told Luke.

  "Aeternitas. Thank you for finding this traitor. How could I repay you?"

  "May you send a message to the alpha of blood moon?" Aeternitas asked.

  "Sure."

  "Let's have a family reunion soon." Aeternitas told Lucas.

  "Wait... Your related?" Lucas asked which got a nod from Aeternitas.

  Luke left the room along with Jenny

  "So that means your related to her too?" The venom Lucas spit on the word her felt like a knife in my heart.

  "Yes. But she refused to tell me who the hell I am to her." Aeternitas said.

  "Aeternitas. You are looking at Athanasia de Alger Obelia. Daughter of Claude De Alger Obelia also known as. Your youngest brother." I told him.

  "So that child was a boy huh...? Where is he?" Aeternitas asked.

  "Dead. He couldn't take not having his mate by his side so he committed suicide."

  'Guess that runs in the family... Since I really wanna die...'

  "Eh? I didn't even get to meet him..." Aeternitas has some remorse in his voice.

  "He looks just like you and his brother." I told Aeternitas.

  "So... Should you be calling me uncle?" Aeternitas asked.

  "No way." I replied.

  "Figured." Aeternitas replied.

  "Any way. Can you get out of the room? You being in here means that alpha and I have to be on guard." Aeternitas nodded and left.

  I sat down on the floor and both me and Lucas didn't talk.

  "Why are you still here." Lucas asked.

  "So that if someone else decides it's a good idea to assassinate my alpha I can at least be here..." I answered Lucas.

  "Please! Right now your a pathetic excuse of a werewolf, I bet you can't even defend yourself." Lucas scoffed.

  "Probably... But I'll be able to alert the others and get you out safely." I replied not revealing how Lucas just called me a weakling hurt.

  "What about you?" Lucas asked.

  "Alpha... I'm going to confess to you right now that I love you... I love you even when we were kids... That's why I gave you that necklace. To show how you have a piece of my heart." I told him.

  "And now I'm your second chance mate... Which basically means I'm probably going i be mateless for the rest of my life... But you know what... That's fine... Because... If I can be of use to you even in the smallest ways... I'll be fine with that..."

  "Alpha... What do you think mates want the most for each other?" I asked Lucas.

  "Happiness." Lucas answered.

  "Yup! That why... I just want you to be happy. If me being mateless makes you shoot then I'm fine with it. If being with Jennette makes you happy then I'm fine with it. I will do anything in my power in make you happy." I told Lucas as I felt my eyes stung.

  "You have to understand alpha... To me... Your life is more valuable then mine... That's why I will always throw myself in danger just to defend you..." I told Lucas while crying.

  "Athanasia... As kids I did have a crush on you. But after that... I fell out of love... Right now the people most important to me is my mate. I hope you understand that." Lucas told me.

  "You know... Whenever you bring up Jennette I can't help but be sad... It used to be worst when my wolf was around side I'll hear her whining... Everytime you touch her I fell my whole skin burn... When you kiss her I vomit..." I told Lucas who's eyes widdened.

  "Huh... I thought you vomited because you ate something wrong!?"

  "Nah-uh." I replied.

  We both stayed there in silence for awhile.

  "Lucas...?" I called I heard soft snores.

  I can't help but smile.

  "Lucas... I love you..." I whispered as I got up.

  I looked at his wound...

  'I wonder....' I hovered my hand above his wound.

  Almost instantly it healed.

  "Ah... At least... I can still do this for you..." I left tears flow down my cheeks.

  "At least... I can heal you..." I removed my hand and sat down on the floor beside Lucas bed.

  "At least... I can still be of some use to you..."

  "You'll never love me..."

  "You'll never care for me like that..."

  "But..."

  "I will..."

  "I will always love you..."

  "I will always stay by you..."

  "So one day..."

  "Tell me Lucas..."

  "How does it feel..."

  "How does it feel to be loved..."

  "How does it feel to be loved by your mate..."

  "Tell me that one day yah...?"

  "I would really want to know..."

  "Does it feel warm and fuzzy...?"

  "Like how the story books say...?"

  "Does it feel like your in heaven..?"

  "Does it feel like you want to be by their side till they die..?"

  "One day..."

  "Tell me about it..."

  "I want to know..."

  "Since..."

  "I'm pretty sure..."

  "In my lifetime..."

  "I'll never know..."

  "What it feels like..."

  "To be loved by my mate..."

  "I'll make sure..."

  "That I'll never feel it..."

  "Because..."

  "All that matters..."

  "Is that you are happy..."