18

to my love,

my heart has weathered away with the churning tides and ceaseless gales, the only adhesive between the fragmented tissue being you. there are times when i see flashes of you in my dreams, in the polished hallways of my new school. sometimes you're smiling with the sun in your hazel eyes and your warm ivory skin lit with golden wisps; those are days when my heart tries to mend itself bit by bit. but recently there have been days when i saw you and i was terrified of the sight in front of my eyes- your eyes had become dull voids, your mouth was bloodied and your skin wasn't warm anymore; it was frigid, dotted with crimson and unfamiliar. i remember screaming till my voice drowned in my throat, till my vocal cords broke with the tension.

i didn't move for days when i saw that image of you for the first time. i forgot how to breathe, how to live. but i consoled myself by telling myself it was a just a figment of my imagination, that you're alive. you're alive and breathing, you're smiling and breathing in the sweet air filled with bluebells and freshly mowed grass. you're alive. you're out there, closing your eyes and feeling the wind in your chestnut locks. you're alive, but you're just not here with me.

my love, i know you don't reply to me for some reason that i may or may not know. but please please just tell me if you're alive. just a single reassurance. just one word. please.