17

to my dearest love,

i feel like i have gone insane, i am barely hanging by a thread above a pool of liquid lunacy and cracked delirium. i hear the gunshots often now in my dreams, but today i heard them whilst i walked down the smoothly polished wooden hallways of my new school. i momentarily forgot to breathe and dropped to my knees with my throbbing head in my hands. i don't remember what happened after that. i must have blacked out because the next thing i knew, was that i was in the nurse's office which smelt like antiseptic and discarded bandages.

i tried to recollect what happened but all my memories had been sucked into blackholes of oblivion. the nurse refused to let me out of her sight despite my countless reassurances. i stared at the unnaturally white washed walls of the infirmary while i tried to make sense of my shredded and broken memories. but all i could think about was you. i need to stop thinking about you. but i can't.

my mind has learnt you so well, it knows each and every single detail and nuance about you; and now it can't let go of you. i want to let go of you, i want to be free of the burdens that tie me down and run freely amongst wheat and rye fields under lavender skies and cotton candy clouds. i want to let go of you but i can't. i can't let go of the map of my soul.

-

a/n

this chapter is specially dedicated to reey <3 thank you for all your support and love, i love you so much <3