xi.

Felt like I needed some filler, and when I was listening to this song, this is what came to mind. Hope you enjoy, even if it's not exactly a part of the plot.

_____________________________________________________________________

You woke up to the sound of loud chatter and classical music. You looked around and noticed you were in some unknown party room of some sort. You felt like you should panic, however you felt completely calm as if you were meant to be here. You looked around, realizing everyone was in their own little groups or couples danced in the middle of the room. The room was elegantly designed. Beautiful white pillars supported the arched ceiling, and an ornate chandelier hung from the ceiling, the light reflecting off the shiny stones and crystals. Two velvet carpeted staircases stood adjacent to each other, one on the left and one on the right. It led up to two golden thrones with red cushioned seats. You felt a natural calling to the seats. 

A familiar face approached you, and you nearly squealed in happiness as your best friend Menchi stood in front of you in a cyan-colored dress that cut just above her knees. Leave it to her to dress so casually to an obviously important event, whatever it may be. 

"Princess Y/N! Quick, mask your face! She handed you a delicate masquerade mask, the border adorned with golden glass beads and ribbon. The mask itself was blue, and a small feather poked out of the top left corner. It was like one of those masks that only covered one of your eyes and then dipped so your other was exposed. You quickly strapped it onto your face, groaning at how it itched. 

"Do I have to wear this?" You whined as Menchi led you towards the staircase. 

"Well, you are the one who approved a masquerade ball. You could take it off I suppose." Menchi shrugged and grabbed your free hand, pulling you up the stairs excitedly. You chuckled at her eager demeanor and sat down at the throne in the middle. the biggest one. Menchi stood beside you, straight and uniformed like a soldier. You tapped her shoulder and she flinched.

"You can relax. It's okay, Menchi." You snickered and turned your attention to the ballroom. Many people dressed in beautiful dresses and suits danced with each other, while others drunkenly stumbled out with their escorts or one-night stands. You spaced out, completely lost in thought that you didn't realize Menchi was talking to you until she tapped your shoulder. Your head snapped over to her and she nodded towards the right staircase. A man ascended the stairs and he was ever so familiar. 

Feitan.

He was dressed in a simple suit, and a black and silver mask covered the top half of his face. He reached your throne and you wanted to hug him, tell him about the wonderful night you were having, but then you remembered it might be odd for a queen to know her subjects so dearly. Feitan kneeled in front of you, holding out a hand. 

"May I... have this dance, Sire." His voice sounded exactly the same. You smiled warmly and took his cold hand in yours. 

"Of course." His hand felt like it fit in yours perfectly, like a puzzle piece. Feitan glanced up at you before quickly standing up and gently leading you down the stairs until you reached the main floor. People seemed to clear the way as he took your hand in his right and your waist in his left. 

The music moved with such an elegant rhythm, perfect for dancing. It wasn't too slow, but not too fast. You seemed to know every step to take. As you stared into Feitan's eyes, it felt like nothing else existed. Even with half his face covered, he was as attractive as ever. A hint of blush dusted your cheeks, but you didn't attempt to cover it. You were to concerned with the moment at hand. 

At the end of the song's climax, the two of you slowed down a bit, and slowly waltzed around the many other pairs. You stared into his eyes, and then your gaze traced down his face to his lips. Why did you want to? Why did it feel so natural? You slowly gravitated towards him until there were barely 2 inches of space between the two of you. You looked back up at him, then back to his lips, then back up again. 

He seemed to understand what you were asking for. Without warning, he pulled you towards him, and your lips collided, desperately moving with each other to deepen the kiss. It was slow, yet hungry. Needy, yet gentle.  You grinned as the kiss continued. You held it for as long as you could until you felt like you had to breathe. You slowly pulled away, staring into his enchanting eyes. 

"I love you, Y/N." Those were the last words you heard before everything faded to black and your eyes quickly shot open. 

"Y/N? You okay?" You looked upwards to see Feitan standing above you. Heat immediately spreads through your entire body, from the tips of your ears to the tips of your toes. You looked around and realized you were tangled up in the blankets and sprawled on the floor. 

"Wh- yeah! I'm good." You mumbled and quickly situated yourself so you could get back up and onto the bed. Feitan chuckled lowly and went back to his side of the bed, laying down and almost immediately falling asleep. 

What was that dream?

And why did you like it so much?

Why did you want it again?