xix

1 Month Later

"So, Y/N, just so you know, the exam is dangerous. I can't be there to help you. But I have faith in you, and your training." Rowan hummed as she wrapped bandages around your calloused hands. She had spent every waking hour of every day training you, breaking you, to be just good enough to pass the exam.

You could definitely see the effects to. You were much more built, and a bit taller as well. It was a lot of work, but you were proud of how far you had come.

"Now, I can take you to the exam site, but after that, you have to be on your own. I'll be waiting for you, okay?" Rowan kissed the back of your hand. The two of you had definitely gotten closer. She was so kind, and was always there for you, but she definitely had a sadistic side to her. She seemed to enjoy the way you struggled when she trained you. She reminded you of Feitan in a sick sort of way.

Any time you thought of him, it made your stomach churn. He... he could be responsible for your sisters death. Nothing would heal that wound. No amount of apologies would make you love him the same way if he was.

Plus, you were still hurt from him abandoning you. For no reason!

No, I can't be thinking of him right now. You shook your head and tightened the bandages. "Okay. I'm ready!" You clenched your fist, determination sparkling in your eyes. This was the closest you have ever been to being able to help find your sister.

"Alright, we're here. Just go in, knock on 402 and do whatever they ask of you. You've got this." Rowan patted your back and in the blink of an eye, she was gone.

"I've got this." You mumbled and wandered into the musty looking apartment building. It smelt like mildew and beer, and made your nose scrunch up in distaste. You looked at the door plates and knocked on door number 402. An pudgy old man opened the door. He had yellow sweat stains around the neck and armpits of his white wifebeater and he gave off the most rancid smell.

"Do some grocery shopping at Diksakura for me." He handed you a pink card and slammed the door. You looked down and struggled to containnyour laughter at the spelling of Dick Sakura.

'I'm not 13. I should be more mature then this." You huffed and quickly left the moist feeling building.

When you made it to the store, you went the cash register with a small collection of things. She nodded and led you to a back room. The woman led you to the back room, which turned into a elevator. You were transported to the lowest level, floor 100.

"Alright, this can't be to hard... I've got this!" You cheered right before the elevator doors opened, revealing you to a huge group of people. They all looked... much more powerful then you, but you were confident. You glanced around and proceeded to lean up against a wall, crossing your arms and watching attentively at anyone nearby.

As you were observing, a very short, pudgy man approached you. He had a weird chin and some stubble. Something about this person bothered you.

"Hey, I'm Tonpa! You must be a newbie, I haven't seen you before!" You stared at him, studying his entire body. Rowan told you about people like this. He was either a creep, really dumb, or trying to make you fail. You didn't feel like wasting your time with a response.

"E-eh, so what makes you want to bec-"

"Do you need something? If not, then please go bother someone else. I'm just here to pass, and something about you makes me feel like you're untrustworthy." Tonpas eyebrow twitched in irritation.

"A-ah, I was just trying to make friendly conversation. Do you want an orange drink. Vitamin C is important!" He handed you a can, and for a split second a bit of mischief flashed in his eyes. You studied the can, looking at the tag, the nutrition facts, everything.

"I doubt the amount of Vitamin C, if any, would be beneficial to me considering the amount of sugars and other flavorings in this. So thank you for the offer, but no thank you." Tonpa stared at you with a bit of irritation.

'Why is this woman so stubborn." Tonpa pondered as he put the orange drink away. "Ah well, suit yourself." He hummed and turned away, finally waddling off to go pester some other new people.

Not long after, a strange looking man emerged. He was quite tall, with purple har and a mustache. He introduced himself and gave instructions for the first phase, which then immediately began.

The first phase was quite easy, Rowan trained you well.

The second stage was abut harder, but you made it through.

By the time it was the third phase, there was only a handful of people left. You figured it would be easy. The examiner instructed the group that everyone was given partners and that they would fight. Who ever won would pass, and those who lost, well, they wouldn't.

You were partnered with the pudgy dude from the beginning. He seemed determined he would beat you, but oh how foolish he was. As soon as the fight began, you disappeared for a spilt second and appeared behind him. You grabbed his right arm and pinned it against his back. You pushed him to the floor. "Sorry to be so rough, but I've really got to pass." You smirked as Tonpa cried out for you to spare him.

The examiner ended the battle, and you watched from the sidelines as the rest fought.

When the exam was over, you were all brought into a room, and the chairman himself explained the importance of your license and how to keep it safe from theives.

You clutched the shiny card in your hands, a look of admiration in your eyes. "I did it. I can find you now, sis. Just wait, I'll save you." You felt a few tears prick at your eyes, but quickly wiped them away.

"I'm gonna find you."

__________________________________________________________________

AN: It's yah boy, back at it again with a poorly written and rushed filler chapter. I'm sorry, but I didn't exactly know how to write this one out, but I didn't want to entirely skip over it. So, I hope you enjoy your third chapter in a row, you spilled little brat getting a chapter every day /lh :)