Chapter 26: The Shopping 🛍

We didn't go to shopping yesterday, We had some guests but today, I was fully dressed up in my blue kurti and beige trouser. A tied up a small scarf around my neck and chest.

Sohail was laying down on bed, looking at me as I applied a little lipstick on my lips. "The local community outside especially the men, they aren't decent. I would appreciate it if you would put this scarf and cover your hairs." My eyes met his, I could see him staring at me through the mirror.

I undid the knot of the scarf over my neck and tied my hairs in a bun instead so I could easily wrap the scarf over my head. I didn't say a word but a simple smile of his face indicated he was satisfied. This smile was full of sincerity and love, I smiled back. My smile wasn't as good as him but I was happy to see him happy after doing something on his request. Sometimes you do things just to see the other person smile and being satisfied with you. At times it feels like that's the least you could do so you just go for it.

"Happy?" I turned around with a smirk on my face, my hands on my waist and my eyes boring into his eyes.

"More than happy." He smiled, I turned back to grab my purse and hurried out of the room when I heard Aunty screaming my name. "Be back soon," Sohail screamed just before I closed the door. I didn't answer to that and rushed down to Aunty Laila.

She was nicely dressed in an abaya, we both got inside the car and the driver drove us to the local street markets. There were all kinds of different shops with broken doors, some of them were comparatively better with air conditioning glass rooms.

First we approached a jewelry shop, artificial gold rings, earrings and bangles. Everything was cheap and beautiful with no brand name tags. "This one's pretty.." it was beautiful with a small golden bead on it and spiral ring prints. "And this one too.." it was plain with one small red beaded butterfly on it.

"I wish Sohail would've brought you here and buy something for you.." She said, wholeheartedly. I gave her a small faint smile and looked at other pieces of jewelry. After the next shop the I we walked inside was of shoes and no matter how many shoes I have I just can't get enough of them so I ended up buying two pair of shoes, one purple and the other one was red. Both were denim style khusa with golden and silver laces and beads respectively.

From one shop to another we kept looking at different kinds of clothes. "I like the fabric of this one.." Aunty Laila said caressing her thumb over the blue cloth.

"Yeah it's nice and cheap." I added, she asked the shopkeeper to pack it in bags instead and sighed.

"Did I make a mistake? I think the design of the one we saw in the previous was much better but there fabric is better?" She asked for opinion. I was confused though, I didn't know what to say and I didn't want to sound as confused as I was but eventually I did.

"Let's just leave both and go to the next shop?" I suggested. Why waste money if we still end up in doubt. She grinned and winked at me, it was too cute to see her do that.

We both giggled and walked out of that shop. My eyes landed on a beautiful purple and golden gown with a little mirror work on it. "Ma'am this will look nice on you." My mother in law shot him a look. He shouldn't me interfering and giving such suggestions.

"Yeah pack it so we can leave." Aunty said and soon after our little tour we finally walked back to our car.

"Oh my goodness!! Samreen.. it's you." A young lady that I could hardly recognise walked over and smiled at me. She had dark brown short shoulder length hairs, huge eyes and radiant smile. She was modernly dressed in short pink frock and blue jeans with pink sneakers.

I forced a smile back and sighed. I hate meeting people that I couldn't recognise, and end up pretending to know them.

"Salam dear.. meet my dearest Mother in law." I diverted her attention from myself to Aunty, Aunty raised her eyes at me expecting me to tell her who she was but I shrugged, This lady hugged Aunty and then finally let go of her. I tried to find a way to dig deeper and look at her.

"Aww, I didn't recognise you Aunty... I'm sorry." She took her back into her arms. With her back and Aunty's face towards me. "Sohail's bride took all the attention." She chuckled.

'She's Sohail's friend's wife, Kiran.' Aunty Laila mouthed for the third time for me to get what she was trying to say. I nodded. "Oh, its okay dear.. we have been missing you and Hanif for quite a long time. You guys couldn't come to the wedding either."

"Yeah but Hanif's friend Jawad video called us and I'm glad we could be a part of everything." She added and flashed me her colgate smile. I smiled back at her as I shut the car's door behind.

"So when did you come back?" Aunty Laila asked her. I briefly glanced at my mobile for time and little did I realise that we were getting late. It was 8:30 in the night, and I also had a message from Sohail but it didn't seem appropriate to check it now.

"Last week!" She was so excited, it did feel like she wanted to talk more.

"Why don't you come home and have dinner with us?" I offered, her smile widened. Aunty Laila's eyes popped out in amusement. I winked at her.

"I don't mind. Let me call Hanif as well, he will enjoy Sohail's company." She added, we all nodded and squeezed on the back seat of the car.

With a little chit chat we all drove home. She was telling about her married life in USA and how she overcame the loneliness. She told us that she was two months pregnant and how her mother in law wanted her to give birth to a son. My mother in law glanced at me, I smiled at her, I knew she wanted me to get pregnant without giving a damn whether it was a son or a daughter.

The car came to abrupt stop just as we reached home. We all stepped out, one by one and stretched out because of our squeezed thighs and buttocks. The guard at the door gave a brief nod and unlocked the door for us, I had all the shoppers in my hand and could barely look down at the floor. I was a few steps ahead of Aunty and Kiran, as they were busy in chit chat. I pulled the door handle down with my elbow and kicked open the door.

I absentmindedly stepped inside and the fire inside my was ignited when my eyes landed on Rania. I had seen her once on Sohail's lock screen where he had their engagement picture. Rania was beautiful dressed in purple gown with golden thin threaded embroidery on the border and on the sleeves, a huge bunch on the front. Her make up was so neatly done, a purple shade lipstick and purple eye shadow. Her dupatta was on her head hooked with the puff of her sliky black hairs. I had longer hairs than her but she was definitely prettier. Sohail must've been regretting marrying me by now.

I couldn't take my eyes off her hand that was about to claim over my husband's. Before she could rest her on his, I coughed and announced. "I'm back, Honey!"

Hey guys! Rania is back!
Is it ship Samrail??
Or is it Sohnia??

Vote and comment your ship.