Chapter 22: The Trip 🚘

We haven't grown attached to each other and these little misunderstanding that have been created by me will lead us nowhere.

Adamina: I'm on way to pick you up.
Me: Okay.

Sohail had gone to work and I was at the restaurant as well. Adam and I plan onto keeping the theme plain with the balloons and decorations according to their dresses. Since Amna's bridal dress was silver and Adam's tuxedo was black. The theme would be black and white and it would look beautiful if we worked on it. The roses we had chosen for the wedding were outside the city and so were the caterers booking office.

I also knew some decorating agencies, and we were planning to see them and meet them and finalise things. Usually it would've been a lot better if we had taken this step two months ago because convincing them on two weeks notice was hard.

I locked my office, put the keys in my bag and walked out. I reapplied my matt brown lipstick and ragged a hand over my orange, red and brown kurti. In contrast I wore my beige trouser and orange sandals. I glanced at my golden watch, the clock pointing at 11am.

My eyes landed on Adam's white Civic, I walked down the stairs, opened the door and got inside on the passenger seat. Sitting on the passenger seat might be inappropriate but sitting at the back might have been awkward since he is family. "Asalamualaikum," he greeted.

"WalaikumaSalam. How are you?" I asked.

"Fine Alhamdulillah." He answered. "Ready?" He asked before accelerating, I nodded and smiled.

He was dressed in a plain white shirt, his sleeves rolled up, his vein popping out giving him an even hotter look. His pant was black, and so were his boots. My eyes lifted up to his face, his hairs were nicely combed, his eyes on the road and his lips in a straight line. His jaw was shaved, it looked nice on him but Sohail was better with little beard on his face, it made him look sexier. I didn't like full beard but little bit looked a lot better.

"They might give us a hard time, convincing them." I told.

"Yeah, I thought they would." He said in his genuine thoughtful tone. "Can I ask you something?" He started. I was startled, but eventually straightened up on my seat and faced him.

"Yeah sure." I said but in real, I wasn't so sure. What was it that was on his mind immediately started to bother me.

"Ahmed wanted to talk to Dad, he said it's something him and you need to clear out but then you guys never came." He paused, expecting me to say something but I was out of words. Ahmed and I definitely wanted to clear the mess Aunty Saima created but then Ahmed happened to be so busy with work, and I was all confused with Sohail and his change of behaviour. Then this trip, new things have been piling up before sorting out the old ones.

"It's about Mom," I lied. Oh Allah, forgive me for the lies I'm coming up with. "She's in depression and have flashes from the past, she's scared. She doesn't even sleep well because of all the nightmares and.. well, please don't tell Uncle Sajjad that I told you everything. Ahmed and I will talk to him, it's about his sister so he might want to hear from us. Please keep it a secret." I don't know what rubbish idea popped in my mind, I just kept talking and then that was what came out. Comes from too much nivek reading- typical traumatic past.

"I hope she gets well soon..." he added disappointingly. I bowed my head down, and nodded trying my best not to burst into laugh.

We kept talking a little after some while on our four hour journey, we left at around 9:30am and now that we were about to reach it was almost 2:45pm in the afternoon. We got stuck in a traffic jam and wasted a whole hour.