"My asshole of a brother here is scared shitless that you are cheating on him, so he came to ask me."

I narrowed my eyes at both of them. Mostly, at the man who was sitting to my friend's right and whom legally was entitled as my husband.

"Why?" I simply asked him.

Collectively, Liam gave up the gush of air which he had been holding in and heaved a big sigh.

"It's just...y-you took me by surprise last night. That's all." His attempt to explain himself was very poor, and it didn't make me feel any more or less upset so I said.

"And, do I not usually?"

"No." He shook his head but quickly recollected, "I mean like you do, of course! You're always amazing!"

"Then, why did you have to go and ask her?" I scowled, "Why did you assume I was cheating on you in the first place?"

Liam's voice trailed away as he was dating his eyes back and forth between me and his sister.

"I didn't see it coming."

"What?"

"You were...very different last night." He dwelled, hesitantly.

"Different?" I repeated sternly. Both of my hands came up resting on the side of my hips, "Bad different or good different?"

"Oh, good. Very good." He exclaimed before exhaling sharply, "I just didn't know you had it in you, baby. I feel it's only right for me to ask."

No. It wasn't, Liam.

"Okay. Now, I'm curious." Giovanna added on in wonderment before she turned to me, "What exactly did you do to him last night?"

My jaw dropped and my face burned in embarrassment as I stared down at Liam, urging him to say something in our defenses but he just kept quiet and looked down.

"God, this is so embarrassing!" I grunted under my breath before turning around to switch off the gas. Fuck oatmeal. I had lost all my appetite just now, thank to Liam.

"London!"

Turning on my heels, I headed for the door.

"Baby..."

I swiveled angrily around, "You said I always assume the worst of you, Liam but now, you're doing the same thing!" I shouted at him.

"I know. I know." He nodded deliberately, and just stood there in silence while giving me a pleading look, "I am sorry. Please, don't be angr-"

I didn't let him finish himself before stomping my way out of the kitchen and decided to head upstairs.

As I approached the staircase with Liam trailing two steps behind me— begging for my forgiveness, we both ran into his brothers whom I assumed were on their ways out. Jack was the first to spot us and once we got his attention, the three others' kind of followed.

"Good morning, guys." Jack cheered joyfully before his eyes tracked the taller figure just standing right behind me.

It was a moment of silence where the two of them exchanged a noise-less conversation through their eyes.