seven

The next morning I wake up with the biggest headache ever. My head was throbbing and I swore, there was a constant ringing noise inside of my ears.

That muzzle blasting noise of a gun firing.

I sat up in bed and began to observe my surrounding. My other sense, however picked up a smell of a sweet vanilla as I turned toward Giovanna's side of the bed.

"French toast?" She mumbled mouthful.

I eyed down a plate of food on her lap and looked back at her.

"I am good. Thanks."  I said with a light chuckle and watched my bestie munching down her breakfast in bed.

"What happened last night? Why couldn't you sleep?" Giovanna asked up out of nowhere, "Nightmare?"

"Not really." I shrugged, leaning my back against the headboard and massaged my temples with the heels of my palms, "More like I can't stop thinking."

The word was at the tip of my tongue but I found it too disturbing to say it. How Giovanna would feel if I were to accuse her brother for being a murder. Her reaction was what I concerned about.

"Is it something normal?" I asked, trying to beat around the bushes just a little.

"Having breakfast in bed?" Giovanna smirked mischievously.

Oh please, she knew what I was talking about.

"No, not that." I sighed, "What I meant, is it normal for Liam-"

"Oh, more often than you think." Giovanna said easily and my lips turned.

"Are you aware that it is not illegal?" I countered, "To shot at someone. To kill them. You can get in a serious trouble for that, Gi."

"And did he?" She shrugged and by my quietness, she automatically assumed the answer, "He didn't."

"It's weird, isn't it?" I frowned, "The polices were there and they did nothing to him. Not even a hit in the head."

"They wouldn't dare." Giovanna laughed like what I said was the funniest thing she had ever heard all day. It could be though, it was only early in the morning then, "London, I don't know how much of me you know. And as much as I am glad that we never had to talk about it, we really should talk about it."

I grimaced, "Alright..."

"My family is not normal." She stated, putting a fork in her hand down finally. It was distracting. The fact that we were having such a serious deadly conversation and she was still stuffing her face with a french toast.

"Mine is no ordinary as you can tell." I attempted to raise her spirit. But it was true. Every family had its own problem. Big or small. We all had issues but we got by it together And that was why we called each other, family.

"It's different." She laughed, "My dad is—" Taking a small pause in between her sentence, Giovanni slightly rolled her eyes, "My father, he is involved in a mafia's business."

I blinked. Not only once but twice.

"Basically, he is one of them."