nine

I could not remember when was the last time I was so nervous that I could hardly stand on my feet—but as I found myself hyperventilating, standing in front of that familiar big white double doors, I was even frigthened by my own shadow. For the past couple of hours, Mama's words had been ringing inside my head and those exact words were 'big mouth would get you in trouble one day '

And boy, she was not wrong cause look where it got me.

Swalloing a lump of fear down my throat, I turned to Pyper who had been standing beside me this whole entire time. She flashed me the weakest smile along with a small encouraging nod.

"Don't be afraid, Miss." She then said to me quietly, almost sounded like she was whispering then her shakey hand tapped my elbow twice, "Master Liam is a gentleman. For all these years, I've worked for him. I have never seen him once lay hands on woman."

Well, it's about to change today. I thought to myself but would not dare to say it out loud. As big of a coward this might sound but I was afraid Liam could hear us from the other side of the wall.

Gathering up my thoughts, I held my breath when a loud footstep appraoched us and Travis appeared. He stood beside me and greeted me with a warm smile.

"Are you ready?" He reassured and I merely nodded. As if I could not be ready. The last time I checked, it was him who came knocking at my door just a half an hour earlier and forced me out off my bed. I found it ironic now that he suddenly realized the importance of my consent.

Travis knocked three times at the door and I could hear a deep voice answered.

"Come in." His tone was cold and distant. It was the kind that easily sent cold chill down your spine and made your stomach stirred— and not in the butterflies fluttering in your stomach type of way.

When Travis pushed the door open, I was given a small nudge by Pyper to step inside. The door closed behind me and I found myself standing inside an ultimate man cave any men could ever dream of. Hate to admit but the man did have good tastes. The interior, the wall, the ceiling were all in the same black, white and light grey shade. Bold design furniture and the bed that was twice the size of the one I had in my room.

Dark and Mystery. Just exactly like its owner.

"Aren't you a little overdressed for sleeping?"

I seemed to have drop my jaw the moment a tall figure came to my view. We made an eye contact but it lasted about ten seconds and I swiftly turned around.

"And aren't you a little underdressed for sleeping?!" I hissed, covering my eyes with my hand.

If I was not blind, from the waist and up, he was naked. Bare completely, without even a single piece of cloth to conceal his toned chest. My cheeks burned up, warm blood was flushing everywhere and I suddenly thought of myself as a walking tomato.

"Drop the act." I heard his manly voice spoke, "It's not like you have never seen me shirtless before."

Yes, he was right. I had seen him shirtless mutiple times but only when it was nesscessary. Like who would wear a shirt to swim and when they were sunbathing, right? Those were the only two activities we— by that I meant his and my family did together in almost every summer and would require us to be underdressed.

Rolling my eyes, only because I knew he could not see. I shook my head vigrously and shouted at him.

"Go put a shirt on!"

I could hear him sighing from behind and about two seconds later, a rough hand grabbed my right arm and forced me to turn around.

"Lia-"