twelve

The ride back home in Liam's car was awkward. He was driving— clearly pissed and I was sitting in the passenger seat— thoroughly terrified. At the highest speed the vehicle could go, he went. Speeding his sleek-black Lamborghini down the highway and headed straight back home.

I breathed out a sigh in relief when the car drove up the driveway and parked safe and soundly at the main entrace. The guards hurried came forward as if they knew we were coming and opened Liam and I's door for us. I stepped out, thanked him, and glanced up to see Liam already making his way inside the house. I tracked him down, following his loud stomping footstep upstairs and to the west wing of the mansion.

Once, we had arrived and entered Liam's zone of the house, I made up my mind and brought myself to his attention.

"Liam." I called. He ignored me at first but I did not just give up. I called his name repeatedly and made sure I was increasing my volume each time until he turned around.

"What?" Mimicking how I snapped at him earlier at the restaurant, he taunted me with the same word.

"Can we talk?" I asked timidly and his eyebrows furrowed.

"About what?"

Shifting my weight from one foot to the other, I played with my fingers anxiously.

"I know you have been busy and stuff— but did you talk to my parents about that...that we talked about."

"If you know I have been busy, then why did you ask?" He snapped back annoyingly, "Look, I have been working from six in the morning till eight or worst, eleven at night. Do you think I have the time to sit down and talk with your parents about something I have been trying to change for the past ten years?"

I gulped at his words, "You're right."

"Damn right I am, London!" He hissed.

Tracing my lips nervously with my tongue, I cleared my throat and swallowed a lump.

"Sor-"

"Go to your room." He said without making an eye contact, "We have to be at the church tomorrow for a vow rehearsal at noon sharp. Do not be late." He warned and I obediently nodded.

Fearing that he was going to yell at me again, I decided to start heading back to my room but his voice again, stopped me.

"This is going to be the one and only chance you get to practice your words. If you want anything to be changed or corrected, speak up."

I nodded.

"The wedding is in two days. I—"

After the word 'two days', everything Liam said went in one of my ear and out the other. My heart thudded in my chest and a ringing noise replaced the sound of him talking.

Two. Days.

When did— since when did time travel this fast? It felt like yesterday when Mr. Luciano called me into his study and Papa told me about the marriage. In a blink of an eye and my wedding was in two days. Two days as in forty eight hours in total.

"London?"

Like a statue, I stood there gaping at Liam. I blinked twice, trying to bring my mind back to reality.

"T-two days?" I stuttered, shockingly and Liam rubbed his hand over his face.

"Were you not listening to me?" He spat and I swore, it took every fibers inside of my being not to scream at him that moment.

"But I thought..." I said, slipping my hands inside my pocket and took out my phone, "I thought I have another week until next month."

Checking the date on the lock screen of my phone, I sighed in relief as it stated clearly that today was only the twenty-sixth. But as my eyes moved pass the two digits and onward, my jaw dropped hanging open.