chapter thirteen | listening

ALEXIS MAXWELL

Honestly, I wish I could get myself to tell Andrew how much I truly do like him. A few minutes ago after we kissed I just ran out of there. I was sitting by a lake when Andrew texted me that he was going to be in his brother's room.

I walked back into our room and looked around to make sure that he wasn't here and then I laid down on my bed. A few minutes later I heard something rustle and the next thing I know Andrew is sitting next to me.

I have no idea where he was hiding. "We need to talk," he says. "I- I don't think that is such a good idea right now," I said, scared that he is going to say that it meant nothing and we're still just friends.

"No. Alexis. Sit your ass down right now." He says. I don't.

"You can either sit down and we can have a conversation or walk away, the choice is yours. So you need to make a decision right now." He says while leaning back against the headboard. That's hot.

I slowly walk back over to the bed and sit next to him leaning against the headboard. "We kissed. Last time we went on and began acting like friends again. I don't want that this time." He stays sternly. He looks at me to gauge my reaction.

I probably look so confused right now. "You don't want to be friends?" I question him with a confused look. "No. I want to be more than friends. I like you, Alexis, so much. I also know that you like me too." He says, was I that obvious about it?

"I... do" I softly admit. "I know." He says and then winks at me. "I can't stand seeing you with other guys. I saw you walking with Ian one day, and I know him. I know that he is gay and has been in a relationship. That alone should've told me to make you mine then.

But I didn't do that. Alexis Maxwell, I want to take you out. It's not a question, we are going out." He states.

"Okay." I softly say. I didn't think that this would happen though.

We needed up both just laying down for a while talking about everything there is to talk about. We ended up both falling asleep.

I wake up and feel myself in his hold. I look at the clock and see that it is five-thirty. I would never wake up this early but because I went to bed so early I did.

I decided to be productive for once and I put my hair in a ponytail and put on a black Nike sports bra and some Nike pros before heading to the hotel workout room. I did legs today and by the time I was finished, I was exhausted.

I headed back up to the hotel room and was grabbing some clothes to wear for the day out of my suitcase.

I feel hands on my hips then a fake gagging noise. "Ew, you stink," Andrew says while he continues to fake gag. I just have him a death glare.

"Thank you I appreciate it. At least I was doing something productive while you were just sleeping." I say to him with another eye roll.

"I was being productive!" He exclaims. "Really? Doing what?" I ask suspiciously. "Resting my eyes for a very long day." He says with a grin. I just let out a fake laugh at that.

"Wow, very productive," I say in the most sarcastic voice I can. "It is." He nods at me.

"Anyways, what's the plan for today?" I ask him. "Well, my family is taking Christmas pictures." He starts, continuing with "Not everyone. Just my parents, brothers, and I."

"Cool, I'm sure I could find something to do while that is happening," I tell him. I don't want him to feel bad or feel like he is going to be ditching me.