28. Lemon-Lime Bitters

Trigger warning: unsettling scenes ahead.

I didn't know what the time was when I woke up in the bright shed, which I soon realized was a warehouse of some kind. My neck was stiff from falling asleep with my head against my chest, and my body was laced with sweat from being couped up in the hot space. 

Slowly, I tried to stretch my neck out to ease the tension. I grew agitated when it wasn't effective, and resorted to squirming in the rope. 

I don't even remember falling asleep last night. 

My head was clouded with self-soothing methods so I wouldn't hyperventilate. 

I didn't think the men would appreciate me passing out from lack of oxygen. 

After all, they would want their hostage alive for this exchange to work. I let out a huff and looked around as far as I could given my position. 

From as far as I could tell, the door was behind me. Which didn't work for me because I wouldn't be able to see who was coming in and out of the warehouse. 

I also couldn't try to plan an escape route, even though that would be a death wish. 

I shut my eyes and tried to calm myself down. The feeling of thick fabric clinging to every area of my body was so irritating. I could feel every hair sticking to the base of my neck and forehead. 

Why didn't they at least have a fan or something in here?

I looked up, and sure enough, there was a giant steel fan. Of course, it wasn't on. 

"Assholes," I muttered. The door behind me creaked open abruptly, and I turned my irritation toward the intruder. 

"Hey! Asshole, if you're gonna hold me hostage in here, at least turn on the fucking fan!" I yelled with the turn of my head. Several boots began trekking towards me. I rolled my eyes. 

Last night, I managed to somewhat convince myself that I would survive this. A ransom doesn't mean I'll die. It means I'll be exchanged back, I just hoped I'd be returned somewhat unscathed. If they had any intention of surviving after they gave me back, it would be in their best interest if I wasn't harmed.

"Good morning, princess," a familiar voice greeted chirpily, and a heavy hand fell to my shoulder. I shrugged it off and glared at him. 

"It is a bit stuffy in here," he agreed as he rounded my seated position and stood in front of me. He was wearing jeans and a tight-fitted shirt, much more casual than last night. A tall glass of pink soda bubbled in his hand.

I felt my mouth dry at the sight of it. 

I watched as his purple eyes draped over my sticky body before igniting with mischief. 

"I think you wouldn't be as hot if someone took off your hoodie and sweats," he winked, flicking his hand at the two men who stood beside me. My eyes widened in horror as the men began undoing the ropes, one of them flicking out a pocket knife. 

"Get off me!" I began screaming as the tape binding my wrists were slashed and I was pulled into a standing position. I used my free hands to thrash against them, but it was hard to resist two men who were much taller and stronger. 

I managed to slip from their grasp and began bolting for the door, my adrenaline sky-high as I closed in on the exit. My legs and feet ached from sitting down for hours on end, but I mustered every ounce of strength I had to inch closer to it. 

I knew there would be men waiting for me on the other side, possibly with guns, but that idea didn't terrify me nearly as much as being stripped down in front of that man.

Freedom was sweet in my mouth as I wrapped my hand around the door, only for an arm to snake around my waist and rip me away from it. A loud cry escaped my lips as I was held to the man's chest while the other one began removing my clothes.

Tears pricked my eyes as I felt the hot material being stripped down my legs and over my arms, leaving me in the purple set I put on last night. 

Talk about a coincidence. 

I stood completely still as the men removed their hands from me, my clothes on the floor. 

"Don't forget the shoes!" The man by my seat called out in an amused tone. My blurry vision flickered to him as I slowly kicked my shoes off. The guard behind me nudged my back carelessly once I was finished, indicating he wanted me to walk back to my seat. 

Tears fell down my face as I tried to cover as much of my body as possible, and I mentally cursed my past self for wearing a skimpy thong and a lacy, basically transparent bralette. 

I could feel the crunchy concrete through my thin socks as I defeatedly trudged back to my original spot. Once I was seated, the men began tying me back to the chair. This time they'd left my hands untied, but strapped my ankles to the metal legs. The rope was rough against my skin, and I winced slightly as it grazed me.

I avoided their eyes as the lingering stares burned holes in my skin. I didn't like how my legs were slightly spread in front of them, nor how my breasts were perking up in the air from my straight posture. 

I didn't particularly like being basically naked in front of them in general. 

On the plus side, I wasn't hot anymore. 

That was a plus. 

"Now that's sorted," he grinned, taking a step closer with the drink. He lowered it down to my face and angled the straw so I could take a sip, but I didn't. I glared at him with furrowed brows, while slowly gathering spit in my mouth. 

"Go on, drink up. It's lemon-lime bitters, your favorite," he said the last part matter-of-factly as his grin turned into a knowing smirk. That sent me thinking back to the first night I met him, after drinking that same drink at Sinful Cafe, and I couldn't help myself. 

I spat in his face and watched as it slid from his cheek down to his upper lip. 

My heart was pounding in my chest as he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. His smirk widened before his tongue darted out and licked it. 

I found myself curling my upper lip in disgust as he stood back up, taking a sip of the drink himself. 

"We are going to have a lot of fun together while your daddy tries to find you."