But there were barely any that proved to be of any help.

It was soon dark outside and Sirius Black came back with a disappointed face.

"Dumbledore decided to go tomorrow" he said rather frustrated as he sat down on the sofa, "These death eaters are going large everyday"

True were his words. It was no longer safe to move around with any protection. The death eaters had been reeking havoc as they attacked anyone who could be a possible threat. A few days ago, the news that they were holding Mr.Ollivander hostage had startled everyone more after the death of Amelia Bones.

The Diagon Alley had lost its touch and was now a glum Alley with barely any shops opening.

The dinner was served shortly after Sirius arrived. He was talking to Remus about how the ministry was working poorly at recruiting skilled people.

"Any news on Nar- the Malfoy's?" Cordelia voiced her question as she played with her food.

"No" Sirius replied rather bluntly, making Remus jab him in the ribs.

Cordelia went back outside, again, for a stroll in the backyard.

No news. Cordelia could only guess that Narcissa and Draco could have been upto, but they were mere guesses. She was worried and also upset but didn't have the courage to write to Narcissa.

It burned her eyes every time Cordelia thought about the huge possibility that Narcissa might never write to her again. She lost a mother figure, someone who was her own blood. Narcissa cared about Cordelia, so did Remus Lupin but the young Black heiress had to never question if Narcissa actually cares about her or if she has to because of a will.

Adding to the pain was the fact that Cordelia had someone to talk to about soulmates without a fear, after her grandfather died, but now she didn't.

But maybe it still hurt less than the fact that Harry might have to die. Dumbledore hadn't told everyone the contents of the prophecy but only Harry and Cordelia. Which meant that Harry knew about Cordelia's prophecy as well.

And Dumbledore knew that they were soulmates.

After a lot of discussion, they had decided to tell Sirius about Harry's prophecy. While only letting Sirius and Remus know that- Mr.Potter and Ms.Black are soulmates.

Cordelia's remained hidden.

But the Daily Prophet was good at guessing about Harry's prophecy but nothing was confirmed yet. Not to the media, while they had nothing on Cordelia Black. Except that she might be Sirius’ daughter but the rumours were soon shut down after Sirius made it clear that she was his niece.

-

The night passed away and it was another day, with nothing to do. Except concoct a potion for Remus. The full moon was in four days. They couldn't risk Remus going out and getting caught.

The day went on as Cordelia busied herself with her sixth grade books, trying to concoct another potion.

The previous week, she had tried the Draught of Living Dead with some help from Remus for it to turn out horribly wrong. Cordelia had almost thrown the book into the cauldron because it didn't work even after they did everything perfectly. According to the instructions.

But after Remus had given up on the hope of helping her, Cordelia had decided to go through all the Potions books she had with her. Some of them belonging to Lazarus. And they helped.

A few tries later, she had managed to make the draught perfectly.

Remus and Cordelia had a comfortable and quiet dinner. Sirius was not yet home.

"So.... you and Harry...?" Remus questioned but didn't look up at the girl before him.

"So you and Sirius huh?" It was a rhetorical statement.

"Very well" Remus chuckled softly, "If Harry decides to come here, even if not, we have to go to the Weasley's after a day or two. And you cannot be left behind" Remus added the last bit when he saw Cordelia scrunching up her face in protest.

Dinner was over but no one went to sleep. Sirius was taking too long to return, it was almost midnight.

Remus opened his mouth to speak but closed it when they heard the front door opening.

Remus and Cordelia hurried towards it and saw Harry looking around the house with an admiring expression, until his eyes fell on the two people standing in the doorway.

"Harry" Remus greeted him and hugged the short Potter as he smiled at him.

"Remus" Harry said in greeting and smiled back.

Remus and Sirius shared a smirk before walking inside and into the kitchen, "Find us for some dinner in the kitchen after you guys are done greeting each other."

Harry stood before Cordelia with flushed cheeks.

"Not going to say hi?" She questioned him through her lashes.

"I will" Harry whispered before he dipped his head and captured her pink lips in a kiss.

His hands going around her waist and pulling her closer.

"Welcome home" Cordelia smiled as they parted, her fingers tracing his jawline.