𑁍

"Are you done?" Prithvi yelled from the living room

"Just five more minutes" Inaya replied back from her bedroom.

"Inaya, you have been saying this from past thirty minutes. Are you ever going to come out? We are already an hour late for the party" Prithvi yelled again. His patience was running thin. If there was something that Prithvi hated it was being late.

"I am ready. Let's go" Inaya came rushing out of the room still trying to wear her earrings.

"Finally!" Prithvi sighed and got up. But as soon as his eyes landed on Inaya he froze. She looked breathtaking. She wore a simple black dress which wasn't very fancy but wasn't very simple as well. She paired it with some jewelry and heels. Her black lacious hair falling down her shoulders. Prithvi's jaw dropped from looking at the beauty infront of him.

"Prithvi?" Inaya called out when she didn't see any movements.

Her voice brought him out of his dreamland. "Yeah?" he cleared his throat and she frowned looking at his weird behavior.  

"We are getting late" she said and he hurriedly picked up his car keys and left her apartment. Inaya followed him.

The car ride to the venue was silent. Soft music was playing in the background and both of them stole glances of eachother when they thought the other was not seeing. After an hour drive they were finally at the venue. Prithvi like a true gentleman opened the gate for Inaya which actually shocked her. They entered the venue hand in hand and Inaya took a deep breath looking at the people in the hall. This can be a life changing moment for her.

"Nervous?" Prithvi whispered in her ears which sent down shivers down her back. He was so close to her that she can feel his breath on the shell of her ear.

"Little" she whispered trying to control her heart beat which was going crazy because of their proximity.

"You will definitely get a publisher for your next book tonight. I have faith in you" and those words made butterflies erupt in her stomach. It was just simple words but meant a lot of her. If she and Prithvi were together she would have kissed him right now but he was just a friend and a neighbor.

Soon Inaya got busy in conversation with some people and Prithvi being a good friend didn't leave her side. Whenever she got nervous he would hold her hand in assurance or mummer sweet words in her ears.

"Do you want a drink?" Prithvi asked as they finally sat peacefully for the first time tonight.

"One dry martini please" Inaya said and Prithvi left to get her drink.

Inaya was sitting peacefully and observing the people around her. The one person she thought would come didn't attend the party and she was little disappointed. She was lost in her thoughts when someone placed a and on her shoulder. Turning around she found a lady who was almost in her late fifties smiling at her. She instantly recognized her and got up to greet her.