☼︎

It has been over three months since Tara was posted in Jammu and Kashmir

It has been over three months since Tara was posted in Jammu and Kashmir. She was having a great time with the officers. They all treated her like their sister except for that one person. There were a lot of changes that happened in the camp I these three months. Like no walking around the camp in just shorts or leaving the bathroom dirty.

They use to clean their rooms before starting their day as Tara sometimes goes on a round around the base with Major. Also they avoided drinking infront of her. They tried to make her feel comfortable as much they can around them. No cracking dirty jokes or bringing up the topic which might be uncomfortable for Tara.

Also a gate was fixed on Tara's shower stall so that even if someone has to use the bathroom when she was in there they can use it. She helped them in preparing food and not to forget always served them. If she was their sister they were also her brothers. The camp was like a family and Tara was the only female member of this huge family. Whenever any one of them went on round around the town they bring back a chocolate for her.

Talking about Tara and Abhinav, they used to meet at the backside of the camp every night after dinner. They were now close than ever. One day one of the officers teased her on the name of Abhinav and she was a blushing mess. She immediately left the place and the officer thought he made her uncomfortable. That day they all decided they won't say a word about their relationship to her but in return would tease Abhinav.

Tonight was no different. After wrapping up everything Tara walked towards the backside of the camp. Unlike everyday Abhinav was nowhere in sight. She knew he wasn't on round as he came back in the evening from his duty. Suddenly two arms were tightly wrapped around her waist pulling her closer.

"Looking for me?" Abhinav whispered in her ears. She turned around and hugged him. Tears flowing down her cheeks.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" he asked cupping her cheeks. She didn't utter a word and continued crying. Abhinav hugged her close and she tighten her hold around him.

"Did anyone say anything to you? Or are you in pain? Everyone is fine at your home, right?" he asked worriedly. He has never seen Tara cry. She was someone who was full of life and would smile even in her worse. She healed people with her love and care and right now she was a crying mess.

"Tara? You are scaring me. Talk to me, Tara" Abhinav whispered in her ears. She pulled out from the hug and Abhinav cleaned her tears with his thumb.

"When you went on round today I received a letter. They want me to go back home as my work is done here. They said that I should return to Ranchi next week and wait till the next letter comes" she said between her sobs. "I don't want to leave you and go, Abhinav. I am scared" she continued.

"God! You were crying because of this?" he joked and pulled her in a hug. "Tara, I too am going on a vacation next week. So, we can go together and I will be there for next three months so we can spend some time together. And about your posting, you can always write me letters or call me. There is nothing to be scared" he said.

"I don't know. I don't want to go away from you" tears started flowing down her cheeks again.

"Well there is only one solution then" Abhinav said.

"What?" Tara asked.

"Marry me" he said without beating around the bush. Tara stiffened. She didn't know what to say.

"Are you serious?" she asked. He nodded.

"Dekho Tara hum army walo ki zindagi kab tak hai yeh humeh bhi nahi pata. Par jab tak mai zinda hu na mai pure haak se tumeh aapna bulana chahata hu. Mai tumse bahot pyaar karta hu aur aapni jo bachi hui zindagi hai na woh tumeh aapna bana kar jeena chahata hu. Toh doctor Tara kya aap mujhse yani Captain Abhinav Dixit se shaadi kare gi?" he asked now sitting on his one knee. She giggled looking at him but said yes without wasting another moment.

"Mai Ranchi pahuchte hi tumhare ghar aa kar tumhare mummy papa se baat kar lu ga. Aur phir tum doctor Tara se Captain Abhinav Dixit ki doctor Tara ban jao gi" he hid his face in the crook of her neck.

"I love you" Abhinav said looking directly in her eyes.

"I love you too" as soon as the words escaped her mouth Abhinav crashed his lips on hers. They shared their first kiss under the stars.

**************

As promised Abhinav came to Tara's house the very next day of their arrival. Tara's parents were over the moon and happily accepted his proposal. They wanted to get married in the next three months only but unfortunately there was no auspicious day. So, they both settled in getting engaged now and next time Abhinav would be here they would get married.

The whole three months was a bliss for both of them. They spent as much time as they can together. Abhinav's mother was a widow as his father passed away while saving the country. Tara sometimes used to say at his place at night to help his mother with household chores and also to spend some time with Abhinav.

But now the day of Abhinav's departure was around the corner and Tara would start crying even at the thought of it.

"Please don't go" Tara mumbled against his naked chest as they both lay in his bed wrapped up in sheets after some heavy workout in bed.

"I have to, Tara. It's my duty. You have to be strong" he said pulling her naked form closer.

"I don't have a good feeling about this, Abhinav. Tell them that you are sick or something but please don't go" Tara said as tears formed in her eyes.

"I can't do that, Tara. I will be back soon" he kissed her forehead. She sighed and closed her eyes. Just few more days that she can sleep peacefully. Hardly did she knew that it was the last night she was sleeping peacefully.

One more chapter and this story will come to an end.

Don't forget to give your review.