"Oh my my someone is a blushing mess" Reza said as he opened the door

"I can't believe he kissed me" Anya jumped and hugged Reza. Someone inside the Reza's house coughed.

"God! Anya, my parents can hear you" Reza whispered.

"Let's take a walk then. I want to tell you how my date with Vivaan went" Anya dragged him out of his house.

"You are happy, right?" Reza asked as they strolled around the garden.

"What do you think?" she questioned.

"I think you are. Vivaan is a great guy. He is sweet and polite and I can clearly see love in his eyes for you" Reza said.

"Well if you like him that means he is definitely good for me" Anya slipped her arm around his left one.

It has been three months since Reza started with his therapy. Doctor said he was doing good but there wasn't much improvement. One day Reza himself shaved all his hair saying that he was tired of hair loss. He has so much of weight in these months and every time Anya saw her best friend she felt her heart breaking.  She didn't miss a single chance to spend with him because she knew they don't have much time together. Any day Reza could breath his last.

"How was the session today?" Anya asked.

"Doctor Sana was flirting with me today" Reza said with a smirk playing on his lips.

"Shut up! She is married" Anya gasped.

"How do you know?"

"I saw her and her husband bickering yesterday when I went to meet her in her cabin."

"And how do you know that he is her husband?"

"Because he said she isn't fulfilling her duties as a wife and when he saw me he stormed out" Anya said.

"And here I thought I have a chance" Reza said and Anya giggled.

"Let's sit" Anya said once she realized Reza was taking deep breathes. He got tired very easily these days.

"I am fine" Reza said.

"But I am tired" Anya said. They both sat down on the grass and stared at the couple who was siting on the swing just few feet away from them. Few minutes later Reza laid down as his back started to hurt. Anya copied his position and intertwined her fingers with his. It was their non-verbal way for giving each other support.    

"What are you thinking?" Anya asked as he was silent for way too long.

"Do you remember when we were kids we used to think that when people die they become stars?" she nodded in her response. "So, when I die I too want to become a star" he continued.

"Not again, Reza" Anya sighed.

"Let me, Anya. I don't know how long I am going to be around you so just let me say everything I want" Reza said. Anya took a deep breath to calm herself.

"Anya you were the best thing that has every happened to me. From sharing the same birthday to sharing secrets we both have grown up together. I know it was me who have always protected you from any danger but still you are my saviour. You know when I am with you every thing feels nice and easy. It's like I can even fight with strongest person on earth and still win You are my moon in the darkest nights. All I want is your happiness. Please take care of yourself when I am gone" he said. Anya sat straight and cleaned her tears.

"Stop crying. You are such a cry baby" Reza side hugged her.

"When you become a star keep the place next to you vacant so that when I become a star we can be together. And if I am your moon then you are my sun. I can't shine without you" Anya sobbed.

"What if I find some hot star above there?" 

"No star can be as hot as me" she flipped her hair and they both bursted out laughing.

"I have an idea. Once I die too we both will become ghosts and then we will be ghost best friends and then we can scare the shit out of people together. What say?"

"I am in" Reza said and they laughed again.

"Tomorrow is friendship day" Anya said.

"I know. Did you buy the friendship band?" Reza asked.

It was little childish but Anya and Reza have been tying each other friendship band since childhood and when they grew up they decided to continue it.

"I did. Did you?" he nodded.

"It's time for your medicine" Anya said as the alarm on her phone went off. "Let's go back" she helped him to get up.

Once they were home she made sure he have taken his meds and was nicely tucked in bed. She bid goodbye to his parents and then drove back to her house.

I am going to wrap this story soon.

I might not update for some time after this story as I have got an internship and I am required to report in the office everyday.

Your view on the chapter.