Chapter 47 ~ The Battle

Everyone was heading to the battlefield were it would all happen. Oriana was both worried and excited.  If Alice and Jasper do show up she would finally meet them again! Just "... not ... simply..."

"If we survive this...I'll follow you anywhere, woman." Garret said to Kate.

"Now you tell me." She replied sternly.

The Volturi started to come out of the trees.

"The Redcoats are coming! The Redcoats are coming!" Garrett repeatedly said.

"Aro's looking for Alice." Edward said reading his mind.

{ Well he's not going to get her. } Oriana said in her head knowing Edward heard her.

The wolves started howling to one another and backing up the Cullens.

The Volturi pulled down their hoods and stared at the Cullens.

Jane looked Oriana directly in eye indicating she would kill her first.

Oriana gave her the death stare as well to try and even each other out.

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to, in a civilized manner." Carlisle negotiated.

"Fair words, Carlisle. Although, a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us." Aro replied.

"I can promise you, it was never my intent. No laws have been broken." Carlisle said.

"We see the child! Do not treat us as fools!" Caius argued.

"She is not an immortal!" Carlisle shouted for everyone to hear.

"These witnesses can attest to that.....or you can look. See the flesh of human blood in her cheeks." Carlisle explained.

"Artifice!" Caius yelled.

"I will collect every facet of the truth, but from someone more central to the story." Aro stared down Edward.

"Edward, as the child clings to your newborn mate, I assume you are involved." Aro held out his hand indicating he wanted Edward to come forth.

He placed his head on Renesmee's and walked over to Aro.

Bella closed her eyes as a shield was sent to Edward shielding him from any power he comes across.

Bella gasped.

Oriana knew her shield couldn't go that far.

Aro clutched Edward's hand and and looked shocked.

Oriana heard it like a whisper but Aro had "wanted to meet her."

Bella led Renesmee over to the Volturi as Emmett and Jacob followed.

It was silent for a bit until Aro spoke up, "Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human."

"Impossible." Caius whispered.

"Do you think they fooled me, brother?" Aro asked Caius.

They walked back to everyone and Jacob stayed there and growled.

{ Now you've done it. } Oriana thought annoyingly.

They pulled Irina over and gave her a talk.

Caius punched Irina in her head and ripped it off. He then took a torch and lit her body on fire.

Tanya and Kate were screaming in loss of their sister.

Oriana felt crushed herself, now Tanya and Kate feel the same pain she did when Edward killed Victoria.