Chapter 43 ~ Meeting

Rosalie had convinced Oriana to come downstairs since Edward was about to give a speech and inform everyone about what was going on. She was still in pain from missing Alice and Jasper. Would they ever come back?

"When Aro wants someone from a coven it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven committed some crime." A tall vampire said.

"So, he's done this before?" Bella asked.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern." He continued.

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant." Carlisle added.

"This person always has an ability." The vampire described.

Oriana just zoned out for the most part and didn't pay attention to the conversation whatsoever, until she heard one name in particular. "Alice."

She perked up from her seat and looked around.

"He has no one like her." Edward continued.

"Which is why she left." Bella stated.

"Alice wouldn't leave just because-" Oriana yelled standing up until Emmett grabbed her arm.

In vampire speed she grabbed Emmett's hand and took it off her arm.

"Why would he need witnesses?" He asked giving one last glance at Oriana.

"To spread to word that justice had been served." Alistair said walking forward from behind the couch, "After he slaughters an entire coven.

Oriana gave him a death stare.

Amun and his wife were leaving the room, "Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving."

"And where will you go?" Edward asked.

"Well where do you expect them to go?" Oriana asked crossing her arms.

"What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice?" Edward asked.

Oriana took a step forward in both anger and emptiness.

Emmett grabbed her by the arm once again.

She slapped his hand.

"What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next?" Edward continued, "or Zafrina, or Kate, or anyone else with a gift? Anyone they want."

Everyone exchanged looks.

Jacob got up, luckily his scent was almost masked with all the other vampires in the room.

"The packs will fight, we've never been afraid of vampires." Jacob stood up.

"No but you've been afraid they'll take the life out of the girl you had no chance with." Oriana whispered knowing Jacob heard her.

Benjamin smirked looking down.

Kate and Tanya were standing near Oriana.

They heard what she said and both laughed at it making Kate strike electricity onto Oriana's finger.

A beeping noise was made.

Oriana was holding her finger to try and get rid of the vibration feeling.

"What was that?" Edward asked.

"I'm not sure? I think it was my bracelet? I probably clinked it against the table." Bella said in confusion.

Edward continued on with his speech, "Their goal isn't punishment it's power. It's acquisition. Carlisle might not ask you to fight but I will, for the sake of my family, but also for yours. For the way you want to live."

"We will fight." A group of girls said.

"This won't be the first time I fought a king's rule." Garrett spoke.

"We'll join you." Benjamin said.

"No." Amun argued.

"I will do the right thing, Amun." Benjamin fought back, "you may do as you please."

Everyone started agreeing to fight.

"That didn't take much." A blonde vampire said.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that." Edward said reading Alistair's mind.

"We'll see." He replied.