No More Prentending

Start from the beginning

"You didn't answer my question."

He sighed at the ground and bit his bottom lip gently. For the time he didn't answer, my heart was beating in anticipation. I was so nervous to hear what he had to say... Thinking about the dream I just had, I needed to know if it was still possible or not. I needed to for sure if Asa had feelings for me.

"Actually..."

"Rosie, are you gonna get up or not?" Jennie yelled and opened the door. Areum was hugging her side and after seeing Asa sitting on the bed with me, Jennie grabbed her daughter and ran.

Ugh, he was gonna say no, wasn't he? Geez, I was so stupid for even asking him. My dream was obviously far fetched. I probably only saw him at the restaurant the other night because he was out with some other girl. And Asa would never have a job, pft. What was I even thinking?

Asa chuckled and got up, "I'll see you outside, okay?"

I nodded, a little embarrassed from the regret of asking him if he liked me. He couldn't even reply to me. I must've embarrassed him too... When he left the room, I took my pillow and hit my face again. I felt my cheeks heat up from blushing and I groaned into my pillow. How was I going to face him outside?

After doing my morning routine, I put on a cute outfit and left my room quietly. I walked down the hall and in the kitchen was Lisa and Areum doing some drawing while Jennie and Asa watched TV in the living room. He had his arm around her shoulder and when those two noticed my presence, I avoided them by going into the kitchen.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked and sat down next to Areum, opposite of Lisa.

"Auntie Lisa told me to draw her," Areum said and showed off her adorable portrait of Lisa. It looked a little abstract but I wasn't going to be picky about it.

"It's beautiful, cutie! You've got more talent than your mummy," I said.

"You'd better watch that mouth of yours, Rosie," Jennie threatened from the other room as Lisa and I silently giggled with Areum.

"Auntie Jisoo isn't good at drawing either," Areum whispered and Lisa put a finger to her lips.

"We know," Lisa replied quietly. "Luckily, auntie Rosie likes to draw too. Rosie, go show her some of your drawings."

"Really, auntie? Can I see? Please, please?" Areum pleaded with big eyes and a pouty lip.

I pet her hair, "Maybe next time, cutie. Finish your portrait of auntie Lisa and we can play." Areum listened and I looked to Lisa, "What's the plan for today? Why'd I get a morning call?"

"Ah, well, Asa needed to chat about the nightclub and Jennie just wanted to visit. We were planning to take Areum to the movie theatres for the first time today. She's been begging me to take her to see a movie so we decided on today."

"Ooh~ sounds exciting. What are we watching?"

"Everyone's favourite, Frozen~" she smiled and bounced her eyebrows in excitement.

"They still play then in theatres? Didn't it come out years ago?"

"Yeah but Asa found a place that played Disney movies on repeat and one of the showings today included Frozen so..."

I nodded, "I see. Well, when's the show?"

"After lunch," she replied then bothered Areum. "Since auntie Rosie's awake, wanna play hide and seek?"

"Okay, auntie! You count first! Let's hide auntie Rosie," she said and hopped off her chair.

"Baby, don't run so fast, okay~?" Jennie warned in a loving tone.