Well... This is New

Rosé POV

After coming home from working overtime, I sat down on the couch, exhausted from my day. It's already been a week since I came back from New York, was the jet lag really that bad? I shut my eyes and I swear I almost fell asleep right there, but someone had to wake me up.

"Rosie!!! Rosie, wake up! Yo, it's not bedtime yet, get up," Lisa said and pulled me up by my arms.

I groaned, "What do you want, man? Can't you see I'm tired?"

"Asa has a girlfriend!" My eyes shot wide open. Lisa began laughing at me while my ears were suddenly filled with the pounding of my heart. "I'm just kidding. Oh my god, you still care about things like that?"

"Ugh, I hate you," I grumbled and slapped her arm. She's done this before. How did I fall for it every time? She sat down beside me and put an arm around my shoulder. I glared at her with my eyes and asked, "What do you want?"

"Nothing, I've just missed using Asa to freak you out," she said and laid her head on my shoulder. "And if you were curious, Asa is 100% single. He's waiting for you, I bet." She winked with a flirty smile on her lips, resulting in a look of fake disinterest on my face.

"I have no energy for this," I sighed and got up, making her flop onto my empty seat in disappointment. "Good night, Lisa."

"But wait, no dinner? That's a first."

"There's a first for everything," I said and dragged my feet towards my bedroom. But then, there was a vibration coming from the coffee table and I realized I left my phone there. Of course, Lisa saw it and she snatched it right before I could.

She held it away from me as I chased her around the couch. "Ooh~ Tony? I wonder what he wants." Her eyebrows curved with the flirty smirk on her delusional face. Her finger was so close to touching the screen, threatening to pick up the call from Tony.

"No, Lisa, don't!"

"Aw, he hung up. Let's call him back," she said and dialed his number. I took my phone from Lisa and shoved her aside. Tony didn't pick up the call but I saw that he tried to call me earlier. Lisa popped up behind me and clicked on Tony's voicemail, and I threw her my millionth glare of the night.

"Rosie..." he said over the phone. There was a long mumble before he started speaking real words again. "Welcome back for... from.. New York. I miss you."

"Geez, was he drunk?" Lisa asked.

"Seems so," I said with worry and listened intently. I was a little concerned for him because I didn't know he could get drunk to the point where his speech was slurred. This can't still be about me, could it?

"Can you come over? I'm... c-cold. And I miss you, Rosie."

Lisa gave me a devilish grin. I didn't want to hear what she had to say. I took my keys from Lisa who handed them to me for convenience. After the voicemail cut off, I left the apartment. Lisa didn't tease me but her smile was even to make me want to murder her. And why was Tony drinking so much?! He'd better not still be drinking anymore...

I rang the bell to his place and waited a few seconds. The door opened but instead of Tony there, it was woman. She wore denim on denim, reminding me of the time Tony worse that as well. Plus she was pretty attractive so I couldn't blame Tony for dating her. Or was it just coincidence and they had similar style? Ugh, why was suddenly I curious about his love life?

"Tony, why is the most gorgeous woman in the world ringing your bell?" she asked and walked away with the door open, letting me come inside. "Are you his girlfriend?"