25

I would like to take a moment and say thank you so much for 1k followers. Holy shit I can't believe it. Thank you so much for supporting me.

***

This chapter contains, mention of abuse, and rape.

****

As I sat on the toilet seat with the lid down. Flashbacks of Liam kept crawling back. Liam. My ex. The man who blamed me for killing our- my baby.

The man who hit me. Hurt me physically, and mentally. I tried to forgot everything. I forgave him for everything he did to me. Only because that's what I thought love was. I thought Love was pain. In order to get it you have to get hurt both ways.

"il Mio Tesoro are you in there?" Ace questions knocking on my- our bathroom door. "Yeah, just a sec," I say snapping out of my thoughts.

I fix myself up before opening the door. "You alright?" He whispers. "Fine." I smile at him, exiting the bathroom and into the bedroom.

"I was just asking because you were oddly silent during dinner and you headed into the bedroom." He asks me coming up behind me. "I'm doing completely fine Ace." I try to reinsure him. "I'm not buying it." He tells me. I made my way out to the balcony, and so did he. "I'm absolutely fine, Acey Bear."

"Hmm," he hums. There was a brief moment of silence between us. "Did I do something? If so I'm sorry." He states. "What? No you- Ace you didn't do anything." I tell him. "You sure? I feel like your mad-"

"Ace I promise, I'm not mad at you. And trust me you didn't do anything." I reinsure him once more. After a few minutes Ace finally took a sigh of relief.

"How much of a background check did you do on me?" I question him. "Not much why?" He says sitting down on the outdoor chairs.

"Because I wanna tell you about Liam," I say facing him. "Who?" He raises an eyebrow. "My ex" I muttered. "Oh? Listen, il Mio Tesoro, If you don't want to do it, I'm not going to force y-"

"no I want to tell you. You deserve it know." I say sitting in the chair next to him. "I don't deserve to know my love." He tells me, placing his hand on my thigh. "But you do deserve to know. I mean you told me about Emily." I say looking at him.

"Your right I did. But if you personally don't feel comfortable to do so, then don't." Ace tells me. "I want you to know." I say. Ace nods his head, and I took a few seconds.

"It was my last year of high school when shit went down. But I met Liam in grade 10. I met him though other friends. He was sweet, kind, and rich. literally, everything a girl wanted. I had never been in a relationship before, or even when it came to any type of affection I never got it, so when it came to the part where he showed me his abusive side. I thought this was normal." I say leaving Ace's eyes to soften.

"He would get super mad if I didn't answer his call right that second. Or even if I were to be talking to another boy, he would get mad," I mumbled. "At first I thought it was cute." I sigh out.

"I thought it was cute he was jealous. But jealous later turned into possessive. The littlest shit I did he would get mad." I say fiddling with my ring.

"One night he forced me to have... to have sex with him. He told me that's what you do in a relationship. And my innocent self believed him. That this is what you do in a relationship." I take a deep breath.

" 'To be in a relationship you have to keep the man happy.' Is what he told me during those type of times."

I take another deep breath. "One night turned into two, two into three, three into four. That's all he wanted sex. My body. Not me. But growing up I really thought the reason he's having sex with me was for me, not my body. Oh boy I was wrong."