Chapter 9

Not much had happened in the days following. The group finally felt like they could split into separate homes. Daryl and Bell of course took a place for themselves. Everyone was starting to feel comfortable, except for Daryl and Sasha. Bell wasn't completely sure why but she had a idea of what it may be.

Deanna was hosting a welcome party for Rick and the group, and Daryl had no intention of going despite Bells pleads. 

"Are you sure you won't come? It's gonna be miserable as is, playing dress up with these people." Bell was in the bathroom getting ready, eyeballing the dress she was about to put on.

Daryl was in the bedroom, fiddling with his arrows on the bed. "It's gonna be miserable whether I go or not, besides isn't this what you wanted, a fresh start and normal life again?"

"I just want us to be safe and happy, if having cocktail hour is what I have to do then I guess, but parties have never really been my forte." Bell replied, as she made her way out of the bathroom.

Daryl looked up to see her in a green dress that went slightly past her knees, it had sleeves that stopped at her elbows that hung loosely and small white flowers all over. He gave the woman a smirk. 

Bell noticed this. "Don't say a damn word."

"Where's your sheep, Little Bo-Peep?" Bell grabbed her shoe from the ground and threw it at Daryl, which he easily dodged. He chuckled a bit. "No but seriously, you look really nice."

Bell gave a smile, a faint blush on her face, she sat down next to him on the bed. "Listen, I know you're having a hard time adjusting to all this, but it'll get easier. Even though we've gotten more comfortable with everything, theirs bound to be some bumps along the way. You'll find your place here."

Daryl just nodded. "My place is with you, and our people, as long as I have that, I could give a damn about the rest."

Bell grabbed his hand and gave it a small squeeze. "I know, but just keep an open mind. I know these people are a bit ignorant about what's really out there, but they seem like good people. And who knows, maybe they'll be our people too, one day."

"Even that Nicholas guy?"

Bell scoffed. "Doubtful, but who knows, crazier things have happened." The two heard a knock on the door. "That must be Abe and Rosita, guess that means it's time to get my party on."

"Have fun Cinderella, make sure to be home before midnight." He smirked up at her as she was walking out the door.

She paused before leaving. "Oh don't worry, I'm gonna need someone to help me tear this thing off me by the end of the night. You don't mind, do you, Mr. Dixon?" Daryl blushed furiously at her comment. Bell threw her head back and laughed, walking down the hall. "Too easy."

"Well yes madam Hoofer, I would love to see your cheese collection, but first, I have to trim my nose hairs, they've gotten rather long you see."

"Ahh, yes yes, I understand. I had to shave Reginald's back the other day, it had gotten much too long."

"I say, did you see Wrigglesworth and his wife the other day? Why I do believe they got in a tiff again, quite scandalous I dare say."

Noah and Maggie were giggling non stop, the two watched as Glenn and Bell voiced other people that were mingling about the party. It was there attempt to ease the slight nervousness that they all were having at the party, and from what they could tell, it was working.