His bottom lip protruded with a pout but he didn't say anything else about it. It was Xena's day and he knew that. He would do whatever the woman told him to do. "I don't know if I have anything white but--"

"Don't worry," I cut him off. "I'm making you one. I just need to take some measurements soon."

"You're the best, hon," he murmured, pressing his lips to my cheek.

I just blushed at his compliment and his mother called Bill over for dinner. An extra chair appeared and the family sat down, beginning to pass around the food. While all I wanted to eat was potatoes, I didn't want o seem disrespectful so I took some of the meat from the plate. Liam piled it on, looking giddy. The skirt steak was simply the cow's diaphragm; something usually sold for cheap (for beef anyway) at the market. But in human world, according to Liam, they paid good money for it. He couldn't tell me why though. He said he didn't know.

I ate my potatoes first, loving them more and more each time I ate them. Yesterday for lunch I had peeled and boiled and mashed them, simply so I could enjoy them without having to share. I couldn't believe how much I'd eaten but... They were just so good! "So, are you looking forward to your brother's wedding?" Marie asked looking curiously at me.

I swallowed my mouthful of potatoes and nodded my head. "Oh yes. We're preparing a stockpile of game to prepare of post-ceremony feast right now. Every day my father and brothers go out and bring in new game. Our house is practically overflowing with half-tanned leather right now."

Bill smiled and nodded his head. "If you need any help with that, come and get me. Liam and I would love to help out."

I smiled and waved my hand dismissively. "Thank you but you know my father. He doesn't take help easily."

Bill nodded his head with a laugh.

"Still liking potatoes, Little Wolf?"

My face went thermonuclear as I realized that I had in fact neglected everything else on the plate. "No. Maybe. Sorry," I mumbled, cutting a piece of the cake.

"Darling if you don't like it--" began Marie being the sweet woman she was.

I quickly cut her off with a hurried, "No. It's great Marie, really. I just tend it start with potatoes. A bit of a weird quirk of mine that Liam so kindly pointed pointed out."

Liam rolled his eyes with a chuckle and our meal continued without flaw.

At ten thirty, the latest my father permitted me to stay out, Liam walked me dutifully back to my porch, pausing in front of the door. "I had a great time Liam. Thanks for pushing me to go. I missed your parents."

He hugged me tightly to his body lowering his mouth so he could capture mine. And he did so, lips connecting with an almost bruising force, moving against each other but also with each other. His tongue swept into my mouth boldly, hands resting low on my hips. The kiss grew more heated and I began to feel...something...stirring inside of me when the smell of Liam's arousal drifted into my nose.

Suddenly I could feel the forest floor under my back and hear the heavy breathing of the monster above me as he prepared to defile me.

I reeled back--or rather attempted to. Liam clung to me, pressing his body even closer to me. I panicked, chest constricting and bit down, hard, on Liam's lip. The taste of blood filled my mouth and Liam staggered back, eyes wide with both pain and shock as the heavy smell of arousal saturated the air around me. I was shaking, arms wrapped around me as a bit of Liam's blood ran from the corner of my mouth. "Little Wolf--Colton, I--"

The door flew open as the smell no doubt reached my father who was strict enough as it was without, gasp, Liam taking advantage of his son. "What's going on here?"