I got paired up with Uraraka first, and let me tell you, her punches feel like she's hurling bricks at you. Needless to say, I lost to her, and she tried to console me by explaining that she had done a work study with Gunhead, so she'd 'picked up a few things.' I really should have expected it, but I didn't peg her as the type to know hand to hand combat.

     My next match was with Sato, and I was beginning to think Aizawa was doing this on purpose. Our match was actually a lot closer than my last one, but even without eating any sugar, Sato was like a literal boulder. No offense. I think the only reason I got any hits in was because his slower punches were easier to dodge and he looked like he was worried about hitting me too hard.

     I thought I was finally getting cut some slack when I was paired up with Iida, but boy was I wrong. I quickly realized this when he sent a kick at my ribs and I'm pretty sure I heard a crack. Long story short, I lost yet again.

     I got a long water break before being paired with Sero. I was able to throw him off at one point and he stumbled out of bounds. Right. I don't have to be stronger than my opponent, just smarter.

     I was paired with Bakugo next. Okay, maybe sometimes you have to be smarter and stronger. He was beating me pretty good, stronger punches, faster blocks, and he had the intimidation down. But maybe...

     "Hey Bakugo..." I grunted as my forearm took the brunt of a punch. "I'm better than you."

     "Hah?! The hell did you fuckin' say to me extra?!" He threw a punch that landed on my cheekbone and the pain caused my eyes to well up with tears in response, messing up my vision.

     Maybe this was going to backfire. Maybe he would only get more aggressive and beat me up worse. But Aizawa would stop the match before it got too far, right? I'd better hope so, or I'm screwed.

     "I said, I'm better than you. You suck." I panted, sidestepping away from a right hook. It barely clipped my shoulder, but still sent me back a step or two.

     I threw a punch at his nose but he hit my arm out of the way, giving me barely any time to protect my chest.

     "YOU PIECE OF SHIT! You're gonna regret opening your damn mouth!"

     "Yeah... I'll regret opening my mouth when you stop being such a shitty sparing partner." I groan, even after he nearly knocks the wind out of me.

     At this point he's seething, and I didn't know it was possible for a person to be this angry. I smile in spite of it, and that's what does it.

     He lunges at me, a strangled cry leaving his throat as sparks light up in his palms.

     "Shinso wins!" Aizawa's capture weapon shoots out to restrain bakugo and his quirk is shut off right before he reaches me.

     I let myself lie on the ground, arms and legs spread out, chest heaving. The sounds of other groups sparing in the background fades behind the pounding of my heartbeat in my ears.

     "Hah?! The hell do you mean?! I was beating his ass!"

     "You used your quirk in quirkless sparing. That disqualifies you. Shinso wins." Aizawa deadpans.

     Bakugo continues yelling.

     Later though, when we're in the locker rooms, Bakugo comes up to me and he's not yelling.

     "Hey, new kid." I look at him warily.

     Is it wrong to assume that he wants to beat the shit out of me?

     I give him my attention but don't say anything.

     "That was a decent match. Or whatever. But you're wrong. You're not better than me. Got it?" He narrows his eyes.

     I raise my hands in defense.

     "Whatever. I don't actually care." I notice as his eye twitches when I say that, but he doesn't say anything.

     Instead he nods and turns around.

     I'm not sure how I should feel about him. I've seen how he talks to Midoriya and I don't really like it, but there's something that almost makes me want to pity him. I guess I'll just keep an eye on him.

     We leave the locker room to get to our last class, which happens to be study period today. Aizawa had a 'special announcement' though, whatever that means.

     "You all have been through a lot this year, and I don't just mean what happened with Midoriya. I'm also talking about what happened at the training camp and the USJ, along with your internships, and everything else that's gone on recently." He starts off. I already know where this is going based on our conversation at lunch.

     "The school year is almost over, but the schools facilities will remain open over the summer for those of you who wish to train there. You will all be given recovery girl's phone number in case of any emergencies, as well as hound dog's number. As most of you probably know, hound dog is our school counselor and a licensed therapist. His office is located between the teachers lounge and the nurses office." So far so good.

     I don't miss as he glances at me for a moment, seemingly trying really hard to find the right words.

     "Even if you don't think you need a therapist, they can be very beneficial, especially as heroes in training. Many pros have therapists because you need a clear and focused mind in an occupation such as this one, so it's good to get in the habit early on. You don't have to go every day or even every week either, but hound dog wanted me to tell you that if you ever feel the need to talk or get your emotions out, he is always available." That was... actually pretty good.

1558 words.