Chapter 18 I "Baby, what happened?"

I was beyond excited about the weekend. It was currently Friday and we've been in New York for four days already with Simon being stressed about work, yet not wanting to leave my side. Of course I enjoyed his company and loved the attention he was giving me, but in the end it was me who made him actually leave to got to his office. On the weekend, Simon wouldn't got to the office and just stay at home. He still had some work to do, but not as much, since most of his working partners take their weekends off. I was excited about the time we'll have together and I was hoping to take a walk around the city with him. I have been to the city the past days, but it wasn't the same when it was just me, well me and my two best friends, wall one and wall number two. My security guards rarely talked and after two hours of trying to get along, I stopped and just ignored them.

My Friday was spend in Central park where I just laid down on a blanket with a book in hand and enjoyed the sun with all he people around me. Sadly it wasn't like the movies where I could relax and listen to the nature, instead there were thousands of tourists and annoying people, but I would just ignore their presence and concentrated on myself. Now that it was almost six, I knew Simon would get back in he next two hours and when Margret refused to let me help with Dinner, an idea popped into my head. I bought a postcard when I went out the other day because I was a simp for postcards and I knew Milly was too. Now that I had some time to spare, I decided to write a postcard to Milly.

"Margret, do you know where Simon may have a pen?" I ask her. This apartment was so freaking clean and spotless, there was nothing seen on all the surfaces, so I had to ask for help.

"They must be in his office." She tells me and I thank her before making my way to said room. I have been to his office before when I woke up in the middle of the night alone in bed. I looked for him and found him working and me being concerned about his health because of his sleep schedule and forced him back into bed. I only needed to tell him I was cold and couldn't sleep without him to make him pick me up and come back to cuddle me. In daylight, his office seemed more welcoming and it still gave me this intimidating feeling, knowing that Simon works here. He once told me about all the things he had to do in a day and I nearly choked on my water when he mentioned a four billion dollar deal.

After I grabbed the pen that laid on his desk I sat down on the sofa in the corner and started writing. After some time, the pen stopped working and I groaned when I got up to look for another. There wasn't any pen laying on his desk, so I rounded the table and looked inside the drawers. I opened the top one but found no pens, because there were only papers laying in them. The second one was also a fail so I opened he lowest. No pens were laying inside, so I closed it with a sigh and turned to my right to open the other drawers and I smiled when I saw one laying in the top one.

I reached for the pen and already closed the drawer halfway, but stopped when I spotted something. I pulled the drawer open again and then clearly saw a picture laying inside. I took the picture out and saw myself. It was a photograph of me walking down a street in Nice with me not noticing that the picture was even taken. I didn't know Simon had taken this. I smiled at the thought Of Simon actually keeping a picture of myself in his office drawer. Sometimes he is so cute.

I didn't want to snoop around and want Simon to know that I found out about me knowing about the photo, so I proceed to put the picture back where I found it. I look down at the open drawer and saw another picture peaking out under a paper and I know that I was being noisy, but it was me on the picture, so I had a right to know about them. I pulled it out from under the paper and saw that it was another picture of me in France but this time I was talking to someone who had their back to the camera. Who was that person I talked to? I think back to the time Simon and I were in nice and I don't remember talking to someone. I look down at the other picture with just me on and turn it around.