Chapter 11 I "Don't tempt me."

"Of course." Cami replied and went upstairs quickly. The bath sounded great because I was still shaking from the cold. I let go of Simon's hand, not wanting to be close to him when my worries came back. Instead, I walk up the fife flights of stairs and walk down the hallway to my bedroom. Cami came out of the bathroom when I entered. "Can I get you anything else?" He asks worried, probably seeing me shaking from the cold. "A tea?"

"Yes, thank you." Simon answers from behind me but I actually wanted to decline his offer. I knew that Cami wouldn't go to bed before Simon and I do, so I wouldn't want to cause him any more trouble. "Sit down." He tells me but ends up gently pushing me on the bed himself. He kneels down in front of me and opens my right shoe before sliding it off, repeating the same with my right foot. He doesn't stand back up, because he was tall enough to push the jacket off of my shoulders. "I get you some clothes and you get in the bath." He says and looks at me for a moment before standing back up. I stand up too and just do as he said. Walking inside the bathroom, I undress after closing the door and relax when the warm water surrounds me. My body slowly stopped shaking when it warms up again and I would have gotten really sick if it weren't for the hot water. I wasn't in a rush, so I stay inside the hot water as long as I wasn't cold anymore and got out after washing my hair and body. All the time, I couldn't stop thinking about the way Simon looked at me. He seemed so worried and concerned. Was I the reason he was feeling that was, because I couldn't believe that. After thinking about all the worst scenarios, I started doubting myself and everything that has happened, leading to me being completely heartbroken. Wrapping a towel around myself, I dry my hair and get ready for bed. Still in nothing but the towel, I walk out of the bathroom and see a pile of clothes waiting on my bed for me. Taking it, I quickly change into them and then lift the covers and slip beneath them. The little lap on my bedside table was still on, lighting up the room a little. Now that I had the blankets wrapped around my body, I couldn't help the tears anymore.

I wasn't crying because of a specific reason, I was just crying because of everything that has happened in the past week. Everything added up and now it was the time that my heart couldn't handle this anymore, so I just let the tears silently roll down my cheeks. I felt so much for Simon and it was overwhelming what he managed to make me feel after he found me. He found me in the middle of Rome and I never thought it was possible, but I couldn't think of anyone who I would have been rather with in this moment. The way he held me close to his body, caused me to relax and forget about my fear. I trusted Simon so much and my feelings have gotten so strong, that I just can't help and feel hurt when I think about 'us'. What exactly was 'us'?

When I heard the door open, I make sure to wipe the tears from my cheeks but don't turn around. My back was facing Simon and I hope he won't see that I have been crying. Actually I expect him wanting to talk about what happened today, but he didn't. Instead, I just feel the bed dip beside me and my blanket gets lifted up. His arms pulls me to his chest by my waist and his warm legs tangle themselves with mine. His body radiates this extra heat that I badly needed and feeling his heart against my back, calmed me down immensely. There were two separate blankets in this bed, yet he came underneath the one around my body and giving me exactly what I needed. Feeling him against my body, with his arm securely wrapped around me just reminded me of how badly I wanted a real relationship with him and how my feelings for him really were.

I wasn't strong enough to keep my tears hidden from him anymore and they begin falling again, not making a sound. This was what I wanted, him and I in one bed, in a real relationship. But what did he want?

Neither of us said anything any I didn't bother to wipe my cheeks dry and eventually I just closed my eyes and tried to relax so I would stop shaking. I didn't know how long it took for me to fall asleep, but when my body drifted off to sleep, I was relieved that this day was finally over.