Burst/Season 1 Shu Kurenai x Reader

Start from the beginning

"So you would have brought Spryzen along too, I assume?" The (h/c) girl asked looking over at the albino beside her.

"Yeah. I would train in the spare time." Shu smiled looking back at her.

"Don't forget to have my beybreads, too Shu and (Y/N)." Valt said putting his head in between them as they just nervously smiled.

"Y'know Valt I'm on a diet." (Y/N) said rubbing her hand at the back of her neck.

"Yeah me too Valt." Shu replied the same.

"Aww..." Valt said sadly and went back to his seat.

"Phew we are safe." The female sighed.

"Yup. Eating Valt's cooking is like trying to invite death." Shu sighed too.

What they didn't know was everyone else in the bus was discreetly staring at them with a smug look on their faces. They were thinking...

'These two like each other. We just need to make them confess to each other.'

------------------------------------------------------------------
The school buses reached their destination. The mountains were looking beautiful.
Principal Shinoda walked up to the front and announced...

"Alright students. As soon as I announce who your partners are, you should go with him/her and set up your tents."

He took out a notebook from his pocket and began...
"So here are the duo names...

Valt and Honcho

Daigo and Ken

Wakiya and Hoji

Shu and (Y/N)....."

They didn't bother to hear the rest of the names and so they went to the teachers who showed them where to set up their tents.

Shu and (Y/N) were setting up their tent when (Y/N) spoke,

"Hey Shu, don't you think it's a bit weird that we both are partners?"

"Why are you saying this?" The albino asked as he looked over at the female helping him.

"I mean all the others are like boys and boys and girls and girls but we..."

"I don't see any problem with that." Shu said simply.

The entire class was looking at them with smirks on their faces.

For the whole day Shu and (Y/N) did things together like collecting logs for the camp fire, cooking lunch, roasting marshmallows, etc.

Shu let (Y/N) watch him while he trained with his bey and also gave her some advice regarding the battles. They walked around the forest too, making their notes together and subconsciously enjoying each other's company.

This was confirmed when Shu refused to battle with Valt and chose to mentor (Y/N) instead. It was finally night.

The duo laid down in their tents before Shu noticed that (Y/N) was shivering.

"Hey, are you alright?" He asked out of concern.

"Yeah." She replied but it was clearly visible that she wasn't.

"You're shivering. Are you cold?" Shu questioned again. She shook her head.

"Then what's the matter?"

"Is it really safe to be staying in the forest like this? What about the animals? What if they attack?"

"Oh (Y/N). Why do you think the school would have brought us here if it wasn't safe?"