chapter 35 | Private

Start from the beginning

He does not reply but smiles at me, and he bends his head forth. "Talking to you helps me a lot. I was panicking again...and I didn't know how to think straight. I'm sorry for being like that, and if I annoyed you. Jungkook is used to this but not you," he feels bad for letting his emotions out, never understanding that people around him do care and want to help him no matter what it takes to do it. "Hey, don't say that. You don't annoy me, and I love talking with you. You can always come up to me when something worries you. I don't like to know you're not feeling good."

"Thank you," he rubs his fingers over his hand and shyly shows some relief. "I'm happy that Jungkook found you, and that I did too, in a way," he makes an effort to talk about his feelings, and what could expose some vulnerability. "I'm happy that I found you both too. You make my life so much better."

My last sentence gets him to raise his head up towards me as if he was surprised to hear that, and this heart-warming reaction provokes my smile to widen even more.

"You think so?" he suspects a lie, but I assert myself so that he realizes how sincere I am. "I do. You both are very special, and your personality makes you so...I don't know how to say it but...you make me want to always be there to protect you and make sure no one hurts you. Whenever you're worried, crying, or that Jungkook tells me you're not feeling good, I'm...I feel down," I do not hide this, knowing that he will like to hear those, but he does not say anything, he leans closer to me and wraps his arms around me.

I do not think twice before hugging him back. He makes me soft. I can see how much simple attention can mean the world to him.

"You're the best," he pulls away after this short moment of pure care and bliss. "Jungkook will be happy with you, and that makes me happy too."

"His mood has an important impact on you, doesn't it?" I point it out for the first time. Now that we are closer and that he is more comfortable with me, I feel the need to get his point of view on this relationship. "It does..." he nods. "Everything he does has an impact on me..."

No surprise fills me at all. I know that already. "You both have an amazing relationship," I smile but see his lips form the same shape. He lowers his chin to glance down at the floor, and his eyes go in my direction. "Are you really okay with everything that we do?"

I confirm what I already told Jungkook, but he frowns at me. "How can you accept us being so close? Don't you feel any jealousy?"

"It's just friendly between you two, isn't it? So why would I be jealous?" I question him with what I believe to be a point, but his reaction does not clarify what I thought it would. A faint and nervous smile replaces the one he had on his face, and he moves his head up and down. "Yeah. True, but I mean..." he runs his fingers through his fluffy hair. "Jungkook told me that you'd be okay even if we were more than friends. Is that true?"

He is gradually talking about what I always felt unsure about between them, and I do not even know if he is doing it on purpose or not.

"It's true. I love him, but I knew how close you were when I accepted to be Jungkook's girlfriend. And a relationship like you both have is very precious, and to me, that should never be ruined by anyone just because of love, especially since I'm still a new girl because sure, we started flirting way before summer, then it continued this month, but you both know each other for so long, I'm like no one to put boundaries between you both. I could do it and say that I'd like you to not kiss or hug each other, but I don't mind it because I know you, and I don't want that to happen. I trust Jungkook enough to be honest with me, and he was sincere with me about you both," I give him my opinion, this one that seems to not be understood by anyone only because it is not typical or like everyone's. "Hm, it's not often that a girl thinks like this."