T W E N T Y S E V E N

After the track walk, I decided to have a quick talk with Lando. But unfortunately Lando didn't find time until Friday evening and since I was still at Cara's anyway, Pierre wouldn't hold it against me if I came a little late. "What did you want to talk about?" the Brit asked as he changed his T-shirt. I tried hard not to stare too much at his trained torso. "What are we?", I asked straight out, starting to chew on my bottom lip. He pulled on a black shirt and then turned to me. "What do you want us to be?" Nervously, I started playing with my hands. I honestly hadn't thought about that at all. "I... I don't know...", I admitted, looking down at my feet, which were only in white socks. We both fell silent until I broke the silence again. "Lando, I love you," I whispered softly and looked up again. I saw him start to smile. "Can I please hug you?" he asked almost happily, which only made me nod in perplexity. Why was he asking this?

Tightly he pulled me into a hug. "I love you too, Hailey. And unfortunately, it's not that romantic right now, but..." He fell silent for a moment and closed his eyes, as if he had to scrape all his courage together for the question. "Yeah." Lando snapped his eyes open again. "What?" "Yes, I want to be your girlfriend," I repeated again clearly and hugged him tightly. "Can I kiss you now?", I asked, looking up. "Whenever you want," he laughed and opened his eyes again, which he had closed earlier. Slowly, I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him gently. No sooner did my lips meet his than I released. "Just for so short?" he asked, pouting playfully, which made me giggle. " Should we tell the others?" He pressed another kiss to my mouth. "Later." Again our lips met. Inside me it was raging, emotions spilling over and I wanted nothing more right now than to feel his lips on mine. Within seconds I was addicted to his kisses, wanting to live completely in the moment. My heart was racing and if Lando wasn't holding me, I would have collapsed by now. Overwhelmed by my feelings, I buried my hands in his hair, pressing him further down to me. Meanwhile, his arms were wrapped around my waist, pressing me tightly against his body. Breathless, we broke away from each other. Closing my eyes, I leaned my forehead against his chest. "Are you staying?" I nodded and wrapped my arms around him. "I just have to write Pierre," I murmured, deeply inhaling Lando's glorious scent. "You smell wonderful," I mumbled, sighing contentedly. Lando laughed out, his chest vibrating. "Can I go to bed? I'm tired," the brunette mumbled and yawned.

With my eyes closed, I listened to Lando's quiet heartbeat. He had already fallen asleep while I was still enjoying his closeness. My head rested on his chest and my left hand on his stomach. Lando had an arm around my shoulders. I just couldn't believe it. This person belonged to me now. He was, in a way, mine. It was only now that I realised what had happened, realised how much I loved him and realised how much I needed him. It was different from then. This is so much more.

°°°

"Hailey?", I heard softly, feeling someone gently shake my shoulder. "Mmh?" was all that came from me, but turned around and wrapped my arms around Lando. I put one leg over his as I did so and breathed in his scent contentedly. "We need to get up Honey." "And I want to cuddle." "Come on." With a tug, Lando turned us so that I was no longer half on top of him, but he was on top of me. Smiling, I looked up. His curls were still standing wildly off his head and I couldn't help but dreamily tousle them even more. "You're really cute when you're this dreamy." My gaze moved from his hair back to his eyes. "I love you," I breathed, hugging him. "I love you too, Hailey. I love you too." I sighed happily and broke away from him again. "Now we can get up," I said brightly and pushed myself out of bed. I looked for a fresh pair of boxers from Lando's suitcase, as well as socks. To go with that, I somehow found a pair of sweatpants and hoodie. "It'll all be too big for you, you know that, don't you?" the brunette asked, a little disturbed. "I know that, but I have to see Pierre first to get dressed properly." I slipped into the hoodie first, which came almost to my knees, and then I could put on the rest at my leisure without fear of showing too much. When I was done, I said goodbye to Lando with a quick kiss and hurried to join Pierre.

"Good morning, Princess," Anthoine wished me, sitting at the kitchen table. "What are you now?" now Pierre also asked, eyeing me curiously. "Parents," I joked and sat down at the table. "You are impossible! My heart stopped for a moment!" complained Charles. "Yeah yeah, it's clear. We're together," I admitted after all, not without smiling like an idiot. "Aww how sweet. I'm happy for you." "Thanks Anthoine. But I have some great news by the way. You're rid of me," I announced and stood back up. "What, you're leaving us?" asked Pierre, playfully stunned. "You're leaving your friends who looked after you like they were your brothers?" "Impossible you are. Shame on you!" I started laughing out loud. Madness. "I love you guys," I grinned and went into the guest room where I packed up my things. Then in the bathroom I got ready. Meaning; shower, brush my teeth, do my hair and then pick out an acceptable outfit. I had the feeling that I shouldn't show up in too big clothes today. The only problem was that I didn't have anything else. So, like the last few weeks, I decided to put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a team shirt. "Charles! Pierre!", I called across the flat. "What is it?" it came back almost in sync. "Are you ready?" I was already putting on my black shoes. "Yep. We're ready to go." I nodded. Anthoine was already off, so Charles, Pierre and I now had to watch to get to the track. The boys had another practice session in a minute and would have to go into qualifying afterwards. And I was more than a little excited.

°°°

I had been sitting in the McLaren pit next to Cara for a while, trying to explain to her what was going on. She just didn't get it! "What's so hard about understanding how qualifying works?", I whined, putting my head back. "What do I know. Anyway, it's too hard for me." "I give up," I grumbled, resting my head on the tabletop in front of me. "I'm going back to the command post," I then announced and rose. Immediately I settled down next to Zak. "Hey," I greeted him and immediately put on my headphones.