✨S E V E N T E E N✨

Completely distraught, I sat crying in front of the television. Why didn't Cara tell me he was leaving her at the end? "My God Hailey! It's just a movie!", Lando said for what felt like the hundredth time now. "But he can't just leave her," I whined, popping a piece of chocolate into my mouth. "What can I do to make you stop crying?" he asked desperately. "Would you leave me too?" Deadly serious, he shook his head. "Never." I started to smile as he pulled me to him again. "Now stop crying and let's go for a jog." "Me, go for a jog? Now?" My mood swings were terrible, but then I hardly noticed them. At most they could annoy Lando now. "Yeah right. That's what I mean." "Can't we just lie like this? I think it's so nice right now," I mumbled, pulling the blanket higher and clawing harder into Lando's t-shirt. "Okay, let's watch another movie then?" I nodded. "You get to choose this time too," I said, my eyes closed. Lando's wonderful scent lulled me so much that I soon even fell asleep. "You smell good," I slipped out with a sigh, but Lando didn't reply. He just started stroking through my hair. 

✨✨✨

Half an eternity later I was woken up by Lando. I had just slept so beautifully. He was just such a cosy pillow and then he just had to wake me up. That was mean! "Hailey, now don't bitch. It's only four o'clock and I was just going to make lunch." "But I just had such a nice sleep." He just pushed me off him and stood up. "I have to work out today though. Tonight we can cuddle again if you like." A small smile settled on my lips. "I'm not hungry," I said then and slowly rose. Lando just shrugged and disappeared into the kitchen. I stretched happily and then went to my room to get my laptop. After all, I still had work to do. So I sat back in the living room with my laptop on my lap, headphones in my ears and munching on chocolate while Lando went for a jog.

In fact, I suddenly had the motivation to continue writing my novel. In a good mood, I worked on it until Lando came back. "I'm back!" he announced and went straight upstairs. "I'm taking a shower," he said curtly, before I continued writing undeterred. It had taken a long time for my motivation to return, so I would like to use it now before it was completely gone again.

Later Lando came back and sat me down on the sofa. "So, what are you doing?" he asked curiously, peering at my screen. "Just finishing my book." "Okay. And what's it about?" "Haven't I told you before?", I asked frowning, looking thoughtfully at the lines. "Maybe. I honestly don't remember, though. What's it called again?" "Man Lando! Shut up for once," I grumbled, because I really wanted to keep concentrating. "Yeah yeah..." he muttered and turned on the TV. I was kind of sorry for reacting so pissed off, but I was just in my world and felt disturbed. Unfortunately, he had just been like an intruder in my world. But he had to live with that right now, unfortunately.

"Finally!" exclaimed Lando delightedly as I closed my laptop. "I was beginning to think you wouldn't stop writing." I laughed softly and put the Macbook aside, only to let myself fall backwards. I was starting to get a headache from all the writing. "What are you going to do now?", I asked tiredly, closing my eyes. "I don't know. Anyway, I think it's good that you're not writing anymore." "Well then. What time is it anyway?" I hadn't even paid attention to the clock anymore. "Almost eight, why?" "It's evening. And you said we could cuddle again tonight," I said and even blushed a little. Silently, he pulled me onto his lap and hugged me tightly. "Cosy like this, you little cuddle monster?" he wanted to know with a grin. "Yes. Super cosy," I said wryly, trying to push away from him. My face was pressed firmly against the side of his chest, as was my right arm against his stomach. Laughing, he let go, and I felt his chest vibrate. I slid off him and stood up. "I'm in the loo," I announced briefly.

When I came back, Lando wasn't in the living room, but I heard someone working in the kitchen. "Lando? Do you need help?", I asked, leaning in the doorway. "I'm just making sandwiches. You can go back to the living room." "Great." I trotted back into the living room and pulled the laptop towards me. I had one more email to write and then I'd be done. When I opened the inbox, a new email jumped out at me. I opened it curiously and instantly held my breath in shock. Oh. My. God. I put my hand over my mouth and had to try to breathe properly again. I had got the place at university I had been waiting for so long. But now everything was okay, because the last time I was accepted, I was in therapy. I immediately called my mum. I had promised her that I would let her know as soon as I had any news from the university. Unfortunately, it's only in Bristol, which means I'd have to move. Or I could look at the lectures online. Unfortunately, though, I wouldn't be able to start until October. "Mum, I've been accepted! I'm finally going to study literature from October. My dream that I wanted to fulfil after my first one was shattered. "Lando!", I called questioningly into the kitchen. "Mmh?" was the reply. "Do you mind if I move in with you for my studies?" Actually, I was joking. After all, we hadn't known each other that long and we didn't even have a real friendship otherwise.

Lando came into the living room with the finished meal and placed mine on my lap. "Thanks." We started talking about all sorts of things until finally we had zünde eaten. I got up to take the plates back to the kitchen. "Bring some milk," Lando called after me, which I noted with a smile. I took my self-named Hailey milk from the fridge and a new bottle for Lando. I settled back on the sofa and turned on the movie Titanic. "You're serious? I have to watch three hours of a love story that has you crying again at the end?" he asked, aghast. "Yes and shut up now." He groaned in annoyance but pulled me to him. It was already quite late and Lando must not only have been jogging, because he also just said that he was tired because he had been training so much in the garden. We quickly changed position. Instead of my head resting on his belly, he put his on top of mine so that I could stroke through his brown curls. Soon he had actually fallen asleep, but I didn't mind much. In fact, I thought it was really sweet and wouldn't mind if it happened every night. 

Yes, why is the chapter coming today?

I'm going on holiday tonight and I don't know if I'll have wifi. So I thought I'd upload it now :)) 

22.07.2021