Arriving / 15

Bella's POV

We drove around for hours until finally reached the packhouse. It was huge and modern yet cosy. I opened the door and looked at the house in awe. Being one of the biggest and most powerful packs does come with its advantages.

It was around 10 pm when we went inside. However, one thing I surely noticed was a huge difference in Alex: he radiated power. I guess, Alphas on their own pack lands tend to radiate more power. After all, this is their territory.

When we went inside, everyone bowed their heads to Alex and he nodded. "Hi, I'm Marie. I'm Alex's sister. Follow me, I'll show you to your room." A girl said.

The girl was pretty and would surely be no more than 16 years old. I nodded and followed her after picking up my bag. She led me to a room on the 2nd floor of the house. The room was decorated lavishly. It was a big room.

"I'm Bella," I told Marie after setting down my bag. "Nice to meet you! I heard my brother is taking you to the ball" she said smiling. How can someone be so happy? "Yup," I said popping the 'p'.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about something," Marie said, sitting on my bed. "Mhm?" I replied sitting beside her. "Do you like my brother?" She asked innocently but with a smirk.

That damned smirk

"What? No, of course not!" I replied almost instantly. It didn't matter if I did like Alexander or not. He had a mate unlike me and he's happy. Right?

Marie huffed sadly and said, "Well that's a shame, I really like you."

"Yeah but, don't you like Nicole?" I asked curiously. "Nicole? Not at all. She's just so annoying and arrogant. She looks like a pink chihuahua if you ask me" Marie replied, rolling her eyes.

I laughed and said, "Yeah but, she is going to be your future luna." I said. "I highly doubt that." She replied back. I said "Really? How'd you know that?" and she replied "I saw her with someone else. Some other Alpha being specific. Alex won't listen to me and he just thinks I'm jealous that I didn't find my mate." she huffed.

"You know, I think I know who this so-called alpha is, I've seen Nicole with him with these very eyes," I said pointing to my eyes. "Really? Well who is it?" she asked curiously. "Alpha Ace," I said lying on my back on the bed. "Oh," she said.

"I used to think really highly of him, that is until I found out what a beauty he rejected," she says, looking at me. I smile and look back at her. "Thanks, so when is this ball?" I asked her and she said "It's tomorrow at 6" and she lays beside me.

"He ought to be a complete idiot for being with Nicole when he could've had you," she said. "Oh well," I replied. Suddenly she got up and looked at me. "What?" I asked curiously. "I have a plan!"