WAIT. 014

"Wow, you're blonde," Sunoo said while patting Ni-ki's hair. The three were inside Ni-ki's room, and since Jungwon was his neighbor, their houses were literally beside each other. It was already six thirty in the evening of Halloween.

"I'm really excited for tonight. Wanna go trick or treating?" Ni-ki beamed while rolling around his bed. "I'm sure none of you guys mind being dressed up as a mango and a peach."

"We'll see," Jungwon muttered and his phone buzzed. After reading Jake's text, Jungwon told his friends to go to their house as the small party will start soon.

𖧧

"Hey, guys," Heeseung said and flashed the three a smile when they arrived at Jakewon's house. Jungwon instinctively looked around.

No Jay in sight...

Ni-ki stuck his tongue out and ran to his Heejake who were busy decorating the living room with Halloween decorations. Sunghoon was preparing the meals that were already cooked. "Jungwon-ah, can you get the costumes? It's in my room, just bring the bags here so we'll change outfits," Jake muttered, to which Jungwon responded with a nod.

As he walked to Jake's room, he couldn't help but notice that the door was already open. Peeking his head inside, Jungwon froze upon seeing a blond sitting by Jake's bed, Maeum in his hands as the guy patted Maeumi's white fur.

"Sorry it took daddy Seongie too long to see you again, baby," he mumbled to the dog, not noticing Jungwon who was watching him by the doorframe. However, it felt like Jungwon's feet were glued to the ground. All he could do was watch Jay and feel butterflies erupt in his stomach. After a few more seconds, Jay finally realized that Jungwon was there and he awkwardly placed Maeum off of his lap and grabbed his phone as he pretended to be using it. The silence between them felt like swallowing Jungwon whole, it was awkward and filled with tension.

'I have to get the clothes,' finally mustering up the courage to drag his feet inside Jake's room, Jungwon avoided as much eye contact as possible as he just grabbed the seven bags of the costumes. As the younger had a bit of trouble carrying everything, Jungwon hugged the seven bags against his chest and the bags frankly blocked some of his view, so as he tried to walk away, Maeumi walked in front of his feet, causing Jungwon to halt and trip because of himself- just so he couldn't hurt Maeumi.

Jungwon blushed furiously out of embarrassment, aware of the fact that Jay saw he fell. He quickly stood up and grabbed the bags but before he could finish holding half of them, a pair of arms filled his sight as he watched Jay carry the other half of the clothing bags.

The two stayed silent and only walked to the living room, but Jungwon noticed that Jay went quicker to walk forward, obviously trying not to match their steps.

"I'm starting to regret joining this," Sunghoon sighed when Jay placed the bags and so did Jungwon.

Sunoo beamed and clapped his hands excitedly. "Let's get dressed!"

𖧧

notjakethedog

1/2