LIKE. 009

"So, where exactly are you taking me?" Jungwon raised his brows as he glanced at Jay.

"It's a secret."

"Don't tell me you're going to kidnap me..."

"As much as I wanna keep you forever, I can never do that to you," Jay chuckled.

"Forever? You barely even know me."

"Well that's why we're here on a date right now. To get to know each other better," Jay stole a quick glimpse of Jungwon before focusing his gaze on the road.

"What if I don't wanna date? To be honest, I don't wanna commit to a relationship..." Jungwon truthfully said, still staring out the window, watching as the car they were on passed by various buildings, trees, and people.

Jay didn't want to glance at Jungwon. He was afraid he couldn't tear his gaze away from those starry eyes Jungwon casted on him. He softly said, "I'm not gonna force you into a relationship. This can be a friendly date, this can be something more than a friendly date, honestly, it's just up to you to think how you feel about this."

"Then, how do you feel about this?" Jungwon asked him.

"Hm?"

"How do you feel about this date? Do you think this is a friendly date? Or do you think it's something more?"

"Hmm," Jay smiled a bit, "for now, this will just be a friendly date, alright? Let's take things slow. Besides, you might not be comfy about having something more than a 'friendly' date."

"Ahh, then, you see me as a friend in that case," Jungwon hummed in response and pulled his gaze off of Jay, looking at the road instead.

"What- no. I mean... We're only friends right now, but.. I can't say I view you as someone like the rest of the people I know, Won..."

Jungwon turned to look at Jay. He didn't know how to feel at the sudden response Jay shared, and instead, processed Jay's words slowly while staring at the older's side figure. "Well, I guess that's true. You had to talk to Jake about spending a day with me so I guess that's something," Jungwon chuckled a bit and glanced at Jay. The smile that lingered on his face slowly faltered. "I don't wanna be rude, but... Why are you doing this..?"

"What do you mean?" Jay asked while clutching on the steering wheel. He felt his heart race a bit because of unease at the sudden seriousness that shifted in the atmosphere.

"I mean.. You know I like Heeseung."

"And I know you just said that you don't wanna commit to a relationship," Jay calmly answered, and all Jungwon could do was stare at Jay, dumbfounded. Jay took a small glimpse at him and gave him a reassuring smile. "Jungwon-ah, I'm not asking you that we have something more than a friendship, alright? But listen to me. Whatever happens..."

Jay heaved a sigh. He seemed a bit unsure to utter the next words that left his mouth, but he said it anyway. "Just let me be, okay?"

"Just.. let you be?" Jungwon repeated, confused.

"Yes. Just let me be with my feelings and my actions, but of course, I promise that I'll never cross the line. Won, can you promise me?"

"..."

"Promise me that you'll always let me be," Jay softly said, his gaze fixated on the street as he drove.

Jungwon heaved a sigh and nodded. "Alright, hyung. I promise."

"Good," Jay smiled.

𖧧

"It sounds like Squidward's footsteps, right?"